22 March 2007

Sometimes, I Even Amaze Myself...

Yes, I know that phrase would best be uttered from the lips of Han Solo, but it's just so darn applicable for me right here, right now. I was watching the evening news (just passing by the TV actually), and I saw that a "movie star" was addressing Congress. I "thought" at first it might be Michael J. Fox, as I'm not only a fan of his work in the cinema, but his relentless and tireless efforts on behalf of Parkinson's Disease.

Nope...wrong.

It was AL GORE....(yeah, I was like WTF too).
"Professor" Gore (doctor of "thinkology", no doubt) was talking yet again about the end of the world as we know it, more quaintly referred to as....(drum roll)....GLOBAL WARMING, and this seemingly endless rhetoric about something we really can't control (it's the mother earth doing her OWN thing gig) was once again being displayed as if it was some kind of "second coming". So that got me to thinking (dangerous as usual whenever I'm involved)...what can I really CALL this guy (excuse me...this EX- vice president) that would so aptly fit his current status in life.

I really didn't want an epithet, as that just brings me down to his level to some degree. I needed something new...something succinct, pithy, and marvelously apropos to fit the man.And then it came to me. I had what one might call an "epiphanic" moment. The cerubic chorus had sung at last...

Al Gore is an...ENVIRONMANGELIST.




OK people, you heard it HERE...FIRST. That's MY word...just made it the hell up (last night anyway). And why not, we have so many other "catch" and "buzz" words these days...what's one more (that happens to concisely, yet overwhelmingly encompass what Mr. Gore is really all about)? Go ahead and google it (like I did)...absolutely NO hits returned! Take THAT, Mr. Merriam and Mr. Webster!

He DOES get a bit (to put it mildly) PREACHY over global warming...AND he IS what we would call "environmentally-aware" (some would say too much so), even if it IS in his own little world where I hear that everyone THERE does know his name.

SO we just merge these two aspects of humanity...and voile'...a new word to compliment our burdgeoning lexicon! There you have it...ENVIRONMANGELIST...remember it well, because someone will be using it soon enough (and of course I'll never get ANY credit for it). But always recall the FIRST time you ever saw this word...it was right HERE.

It's just one more service I provide...NEOLOGIST.





No comments: