25 August 2007

Special *5 Star* Saturday Edition...
Didn't know I'd make it THIS far. Today marks the FIRST YEAR since my very first post on my very own blog!

And what a year it's been.

Mired among trials for "retarded" killers, celebutantes bucking the judicial system, usurpers to the thrones of major league sports, and the occasional "act of God" in our nation, such as a drought, wildfire or flood, is this here small, infinitesimal portion of what we've come to know as the "blogosphere".

And it's here that I've found a soapbox, where I can "talk" about anything and everything that means something to most all of us. Whether it's been something practical, something philosophical, something humorous, or even something tragic...I've attempted to bring it to YOU. Like the banner here reads: "Common Sense for the Common Man (or woman)". Can't much more down to earth that that, eh?
And I've really enjoyed the ride so far, and appreciate the thoughts and words that YOU, the people have brought here. I have also come to know some really great people THROUGH their words both here, as well as on THEIR OWN blogs.

Again, I have to say a sincere thank you to each and every one of them (and you). After all, if it wasn't for their (and your) insistence upon creating this blog, I wouldn't have been able to find out how REALLY SLOW a Pentium II , 2GB system on a land-line can be with AOHELL 7.0...LOL!

So under the auspices of celebratory festivities, let us say that for the past year, the hall has been rented, and the orchestra engaged. And all during that year, we've seen how well everyone can DANCE...some better than others.

Suffice it to say that there have been days that have tried my patience (like having a keyboard with most of the letters RUBBED OFF thanks to my wife). Ever try "sight-typing by memory"?
Makes me feel about as good as when I see BRAILLE keypads at drive-up ATM machines...LOL!

Still, there ARE those around here that have gotten into the spirit of today's meaning (read party), such as these two fine friends of ours (actually, they were "liberated" from a GOOGLE search..another fine thing about blogging).

You have to admit that they DO appear to be having fun (well, maybe the guy on the RIGHT seems that way...the one on the left looks a tad pissed).

So here's to my FIRST year with The PA-IN Erudition. With SO much more that still needs to be said (and as one dear, fellow blogger commented: "there's so many more people to piss off"), I think we'll be around a while longer. Now..if only MORE OF YOU would bother to READ the posts once in a frigging while....!
(present readers excluded, naturally)

With that in mind, let me leave you with a nice "quasi-political" parting thought in cartoon form:
(with deepest apologies to Jim Davis...I sincerely LOVE Garfield, and would only show HIM in a positive light, so NO lawsuits, kapesh?)

The same cannot be said for our very own "King Richard".
Maybe this city needs to form it's own "Fellowship of the Ring"...any takers?

Have a great weekend, all!