03 June 2008

Tuesday Tidbits...
Gonna be on the "short n sweet" side today, as the FIOS guys are coming to "hook us up", and I hear that takes a good part of the day to accomplish.
--Rock legend Bo Diddley has died at the age of 79.
(I suppose today's modern (c)rap music killed him)
--Yves St. Laurent has also died.
(Ditto for the fashion world - few know how to dress properly these days)
--Baby found in a mobile meth lab in Auburn.
(What part of BE A REAL PARENT AND ROLE MODEL did these adults NOT understand?)
--Harrison Square to cost an additional $75 MIL in "interest".
(Verrrrry interesting, and yet it's not as though those of us against this financial debacle in the making didn't TRY to tell everyone....is it?)
--Pfc Ross McGinnis latest recipient of the Medal of Honor for falling on grenade in Iraq to save his comrades.
(Goes to show when desperate times call for desperate measures, the "go-to" guy will be someone from Pennsylvania - and yes, I am available)
--Space shuttle Discovery delivers the goods.
(I'll bet those guys in the space station were SO happy to get their potty fixed as well. In space, no one can hear you cry out when you gotta take a leak)


--Vera Bradley golf tourney for breast cancer awareness in Ft. Wayne crosses the $1 million mark again.
(And why didn't I see THIS girl on the links? Makes me want to reconsider my overall VIEW of the game I like to call "Hit it and go git it".)
--After earthquake, China works to prevent epidemics.
(It's called have FEWER people to catch the diseases. Oh wait, that's what epidemics are for in the first place).
--Designer of Pringles can buried in his own creation.
(Amazing how many diverse ways life imitates art, isn't it?)
--Supreme court redefines "Money Laundering".
(And here I thought that ANY money used in the commission of ANY crime that was "diverted" to avoid detection and confiscation was fair game. Picky, picky, picky)
So while I await my "upgrade" to a better way of life (yeah right), and my wife deals with my kicking and screaming as I am dragged into the 21st century, I leave you with these words to consider.
God MUST have a sense of humor.
My life is proof of that.
That's why he keeps ME around...for comic relief.
See you on the flip (FIOS) side!

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

Ed Note:
FiOS is now online at our house, and the speed we now enjoy is rather incredible.
The TV has all new channel numbers, so I have to UNLEARN Comcasts's lineup and RELEARN Verizon's lineup (at my age, it makes my brain hurt), but we DO get a lot more channels, and we aren't even on any "extras" package.
The tech (very cool guy - knew his "stuff") was outta here by 1PM, so hookup for us only took 4 hours (tops).

Now I'm not saying this is the best thing since sliced white bread, but from a grassroots standpoint (and from a guy who did installs of T-comm and A/V systems decades ago)...this ain't all that bad.
So don't think I'm a sellout to all this fancy-schmancy technology.
I'm only doing it (all together now)..."for da money!"
Kapesh?

;)

B.G.