08 May 2009

Friday Follies...
Hoo-boy...another weekend.
Didn't really think it would get here SOON enough, and there's a good reason why.
Allow me to elucidate.
As you all know (by now), I, like my compatriot Phil Marx, have placed signage on my property that clearly states that this is PRIVATE PROPERTY - KEEP OFF, or something to that effect.
There is to be NO trespassing upon said property.
I'm not being an old fart here, it's just that I get REAL tired chasing people OFF of the property. when they have NO business being there.
It's not THEIR property; it belongs to my wife and myself.
WE maintain it, WE pay the utilities on it, and WE foot the bill for taxes on it.
So I feel we have more than just a vested interest in it. It's OUR chunk of monthly change that goes into it...NO one else's.
It's more like a long-term "investment", such as can be applied to any house in THIS part of the city that is OWNED as well as LIVED in BY the owner (that would be a lot fewer than you could imagine).
And if I "request" that people who do not belong ON the property remove themselves, I don't think that's asking too much, do you?
Okay then...so yesterday, I see a strange car (1994 dk blue Chevy Caprice - black male driver only) pull INTO our driveway...and he sat there for more than just the time needed for a u-turn, which got me REAL "curious".
Now I have NO idea who the hell this guy is, but I know I DON'T know him, and he doesn't belong IN my driveway.
I was out the door, and told him to "get that thing OUT of here...NOW".
He stopped, and I thought "Am I gonna get shot over this, because I WILL fire back" (gun on the hip under the jacket - legal as hell ON my own property). No CCP needed...love it!
He started mumbling something (typically) unintelligible, and I reply: "Can't you read the damn sign, moron"?
Again...more mumbling. Something about turning around.
I said: "Looks like you CAN'T READ...and CAN'T TALK too well, either. Get your sorry ass outta here, boy, before I have the police here in about (looked at my watch)...THIRTY SECONDS. The clock's running, Bub".
Nice one, Bob. Helluva bluff on MY part.
Response time would be less than TEN minutes, actually...sooner if I "happened" to see a gun (which I didn't, and was not going to manufacture a lie). He drove off, I went in and tired to resume my life...AGAIN.
I mean there are TWO alleys to turn into IF you positively HAVE to pull an illegal turn on the street. Hell, go to the intersection and do a "360" like all the other mooks do. The police probably won't see it, as they're busy busting YOUR friends elsewhere.
End of story, right?
Not totally...we had more issues, but NOT with "Mr. saggy bottom Chevy driver", whose shirt was longer than my wife's dresses...(idiot).
A bit later, two kids from across the street were working off their orange drink sugar rush, and decided to toss stones at one another (great way to kill time...AND injure someone or damage property). Any of these so-called "parents" of these urchins EVER hear about something called TOYS???
Now when it comes to "energy", these kids make dogs in heat look damn near LETHARGIC!
I think I found Gore and Obama's "Alternative" energy source....just get them a huge hamster wheel to run in!
All you have to do is keep that sugar coming!
So they look at our pile of broken concrete that I have at the border of our driveway (to keep people from "cutting the corner" as they leave the alley, and damaging our lawn by eating the grass away). They start picking up some LARGE CHUNK of cement, and I pound on the back door, motioning for them to move along...NOW. So off they go elsewhere...
Again, end of story, right?
Nope...we're not finished yet.
I'm in watching TV (after my "dinnerus interrputus") to hear some commotion outside on our FRONT LAWN.
I see the SAME TWO KIDS horsing around and trampling on our decorative wire fencing along the perimeter of the top of our hill (where we plant things that bloom and look nice).
Out the door I go AGAIN, and loudly tell them in NO certain terms:
"GET THE F__K OFF THE DAMN LAWN, YOU LITTLE BASTARDS!"
(told 'ya I am about AS diplomatic as a brick through a plate-glass window)
They took off like they were SHOT, which, wasn't too far from the truth.
Whenever I hear something I should NOT be hearing, I instinctively reach for my pistol, because in THIS area, you can never be too sure...OR too safe. You learn from experience (which is still the best teacher).
I had to bend the fence back into shape, but I sure wish Code Enforcement would let me put my BARBED WIRE back up,.
Bet THAT would be one excellent deterrent for these little vandals.
They took off up the alley and returned to their rental crib (where the males toke blunts, drink the 40oz, and BBQ out front most days).
Marvelous environment to bring up children, isn't it?
We've already had a FWPD take down on the lawn at 0230 hrs one morning, another multi-person fight that I broke up with the spotlight and a gun, which involved people trying to run someone over with a damn car, and assorted other chase-offs.
All this AFTER I was confronted with a snot-nose teen that pulled a chrome pistol out of HIS waistband after I asked him to take the trash he dumped on MY lawn away.
You learn to ALWAYS keep a gun handy...just in case.
Now it would have been one helluva shame to cap these stupid little shits, but that's what happens when you DO stupid things, like treat other people's property like a damn playground, when you SHOULD be home playing, studying, or otherwise acting like a NORMAL human being, and not some rabid animal roaming the streets of the city.
You are just asking to have something unforeseen occur...with tragic results.
Personally, I'd much rather take a razor strop to their asses and TEACH them the meaning of RESPECT, for, obviously, whoever is pretending to RAISE them is definitely NOT.
Yeah...just another day in "da hood".
Where the "locals" believe (erroneously) that "What's YOURS is MINE...and what's MINE is MY OWN".
Helluva way to live, isn't it?
I forgot...we don't really "live" here...we just EXIST...and SURVIVE.
In that, there is contentment.
But it can always be worse...
Obama can cut $17 BILLION bucks from the budget...which amounts to 1/2 of ONE PERCENT of the total...really frugal, there, Barry).
And part of those cuts COULD pertain to the NATIONAL POLICE SURVIVORS fund (less money to family members of officers killed in the line of duty). Yeah, that'll piss off the nation's police REAL FAST.
Or, we COULD see states starting to manufacture their OWN firearms, to not allow the governmental intervention with interstate commerce, thereby cutting the balls off the Feds when they attempt to restrict gun sales and ammo sales. Three states are already on board with this (Montana, Utah,and Texas), so the Feds will finally learn what the 2nd Amendment will be all about soon enough, as this bill makes it way to the Supreme Court.
Oh wait, that stuff is already happening.
Yeah, it can ALWAYS be worse...just not by much.
Thank the maker for the weekend.
For those of you fortunate enough to NOT live in an area like mine...I truly ENVY you, but not in a sinful sense.
More appropriately, I admire you.
You don't have to deal with society's dregs, or flotsam.
The castoffs from societal normalcy don't live near you.
Your days aren't peppered with police and fire sirens, as are ours.
Your yards aren't playgrounds for stranger's (even stranger) kids.
You don't have to have a group of people try to collar their dog after it "excapes" from it's rental crib.
So WHY are you missing out on all this FUN, anyway, hmm?
I suppose someone has to live here, that's why we do.
Someone has to be some sort of beacon of truth..and normalcy.
And I guess SOMEONE has to show these idiots what DECENT people are like, whether they choose to want to or not.
I'm no hero, yet I've been called everything from a patriot to a *n*-lover...and then some. I'm not doing any of this for ANY glory...or money, believe me.
I'm just trying to live my life in a manner which reflects well on my upbringing.
I'm just trying to lead by example.
Seems like a plan.
So, wherever you go this weekend, and whatever you do...
Stay safe out there, America.

9 comments:

ms nk rey said...

Whoa.. Makes me thankful to live here in small town USA. Stay safe.

Bob G. said...

MSNKREY:
Yeah, that was one of my more "busy" days.
Thankfully, it's not EVERY day!

Thanks for stopping by.

B.G.

Diane said...

Just heard about your blog today.. and I'm hooked! Sounds like over half the town I live by, the area where you're talking about in this entry.

Easily Lost said...

Don't suppose you could thread electric fence wire through that wire fence of yours could you? Just an idea. Guess I shouldn't mention the only critter we would ever have to shoot on the front lawn would be a rabid animal, and I don't mean the 2 legged kind. Or that we don't lock our doors either..... (should I run now?)

Galaxy Echo said...

Great post. You have an excellent idea with the new power source!!!! At least a hamster wheel would keep the monsters occupied.

I'm glad I live in Nowheresville, Wisconsin. I was down in Chicago a couple years ago with some friends who like to talk tough, and they uttered something obscene rather loudly at these gentleman across the street. Next thing you know, I hear "pow, pow" and my friends are telling me to hit the deck. Well, I am from Wisconsin...people don't normally shoot at you (normally). I didn't have the faintest idea really... and I hunt, so I know what a gun sounds like...What an experience that was!

It's unfortunate though, that during this time of economic "crisis" or whatever it is supposed to be called, that crime rates in the city where I go to college are skyrocketing. It doesn't really surprise me though...at least my campus has relatively good security (think of Paul Blart: Mall Cop), so I'm not too scared of getting shot or anything like that...yet!

Bob G. said...

Diane:
Welcome aboard...hope you find my journey through "Bizarro World" both informative and enlightening. We're all in this BOAT together...just at different OARS.

EL:
I already have opossums, raccoons, squirrels and assorted birds stopping by....and I don't mind THEM one bit. They're not trying to trash my property.
(Must be the free buffet we provide...LOL.)

GL:
ALthough crime rates seem to rise during rough econmoic times, I would point out that during the Great Depression, aside from the few "Bonnie & CLydes" out there, crime (overall) actually went DOWN. People were too bust trying to pay bills, find jobs and EAT.

I look at the "excuse" behind any rise in crime. Thugs like to use other probelems to divert our attention.
As do most politicians...so watch BOTH of their hands...LOL!

Thanks for stopping by, everyone.

B.G.

One Time said...

I'd move out of the 'hood. Less stress. More happiness.

Diane said...

I agree with you Bob - people were raised differently back then. Kids didn't run the family.

Bob G. said...

Diane:
YOu sure as h*ll got THAT right...LOL.

O/T:
Yeah, but if I MOVE OUT...there goes all those really GOOD (potential) TARGETS...!
Tehn I'll have to BUY some paper one...(yeah, he's nasty that way)

;)