02 October 2009

Friday Follies...
End of the week, and with any luck, Chicago will get the bid for the 2016 Olympics and that will spell the financial end of that city as well.
Before we proceed, let's be honest with this whole "Olympic" thing...
Show me ANY city in recent history that has hosted the Olympics (winter OR summer), and come out WAY in the black on this.
You can't.
In fact, most cities that have been hosts have seen some pretty substantial LOSSES.
Now, in this day of "spending one's way OUT of debt", one has to wonder HOW spending HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of bucks for Olympic games with a bottom line of perhaps TENS of millions in "profit" is a GOOD thing, right?
Sorry, folks...just not seeing it, so let's not dwell.
(** Editor's note: As of 1130 hrs EST, it's been said that CHICAGO was eliminated early on in the bid for the 2016 Olympics (whew, dodged that bullet)...so much for that TEN MILLION DOLLAR TRIP to COPENHAGEN at YOUR expense, eh? And the winner is....RIO! ))
Now...How's THIS for "urban renewal"?
Yesterday, I saw a young black boy, fresh out of school, run behind a vacant house 2 doors down, and proceed to piss behind a tree, as if that would shield him from public eyes.
Oops, sorry little Jamarkus...not good enough.
I shined a laser beam on the wall NEXT to him, and I hope he pissed down his leg when he turned. He did leave after voiding his bladder, but showed absolutely NO hurry in the process.
Now here is a kid not EVEN in his teens, being brought up to disrespect something that does not belong to him. Got a helluva role model there in YOUR house, don'cha, son?
This kid has friends that live one house down, and he lives one block over, but could he perhaps go to one of THOSE houses? Hell, no. Better to piss any damn place he needs to.
Well, that might work all well and good over in Nigeria...or Botswana (where they have mud huts, and no facilities to serve the public at all), but I hate to break it to ya, kid...you're in the USofA, and NORMAL, CIVILIZED people just don't DO sh*t like that!
Oh, wait...I DID say "normal and civilized", didn't I?
Ahhh...well, that brings us to the crux of the problem.
People being "rewarded" for bad behavior.
We give 'em all the "free pass" due to CULTURE...or "poverty"...yeah, right.
How about we call it awarding dumbass behavior instead?
Or...having people fall over ALL their entitlements, when they SHOULD be doing something productive to deserve them.
Give everything to someone, never hold them responsible OR accountable, and scenes like "little Jamarkus" are the result damn near EVERY time. Who knew?
THESE are the type of people you can't reason with...can't talk to in a civilized manner, or shame into normalcy.
It's just not programmed into their being.
Fortunately, it's not representative of the ENTIRE race...just the minority OF the minority, but it will only take ONE to bring down an entire neighborhood...ask anyone who's been chased from their house because of such people.
And that's only part of the problems in neighborhoods such as mine.
Here's another wonderful example...
For the past TWO DAYS, I've heard gunshots in the area...CLOSE BY, as in within a BLOCK.
On 30 September, around 1705 hrs, I heard two shots (double tap) coming from what I believe to be WEST of our location.
I saw no one in the area, and no one was outside. The ONLY thing I saw was a dark red early 90s Buick LeSabre driving through the area, in no hurry at all. I made a mental note of the vehicle, and put it "on the back burner".
Yesterday, at around 2130 hrs, my wife and I heard FOUR gunshots (rapid succession), and again, it sounded WEST of our house, and again, a "car" drove past, and I could swear the tail lights were that of a Buick LeSabre. I couldn't make the car or color because of darkness, but at least I have a jumping off point.
On both days, I did NOT call it in, as I wanted to "perform an experiment" of sorts. I monitored the police scanner to see if ANYONE ELSE heard the shots (as most everyone is home all damn day, thanks to welfare and "pharmaceutical" sales).
I heard NO chatter AT ALL, which surprised me. Usually we have someone who calls something like that in.
After a brief "reccy" of our house, and finding no damage (so far), I noted the specifics of last night's shots, and fully expect further such instances, and I will explain why.
If *I* were wanting to shoot off a gun, or send a message to "someone" in an area, I'd first want to do a "test" to see if I can get away with it. These mooks have become that emboldened. They rarely fear the police around here.
And since I did not hear ANY calls go out on the radio about gunshots, and saw NOT ONE SINGLE police cruiser in the area, I can only deduce that OUR neighborhood is THE place to pull off more of this type of behavior.
What I would advise the police to do, is canvass the streets for brass (shell casings). Now the perp could have used a wheelgun, in which case there would be no brass around, but still, checking for shells would be a good start.
I know if we hear more of this, I will get AS MUCH intel as I can, and then call it into the FWPD, and get an officer out here to nose around the area, and give him/her the "backstory" on this..
The "locals" here love to test the waters, when it comes to doing things they should NOT be doing...must be a "cultural thang".
Personally, I can say that several houses DO have drug activity, and I've passed what I've seen along to the police in the hope of closing more of these places the hell down. Damn shame we can't snatch the houses from these deadbeat landlords who keep renting to the SAME TYPE of people. You KNOW their hands are dirty too, but they stay far enough away to not be "actively" involved.
This happens regardless of the state of the "economy"...so don't ever use that as an excuse.
Crime happens, and it only happens when "it" knows it can get away with it. And that covers everything from assault...to rape...to robbery...to burglary...to homicide...whatever the case.
Anything that will get someone something...for (practically) nothing, even f it's nothing more than a "good feeling".
That's the way these people operate...there, I've said it yet again.
And while we're on the subject of repetitive behavioral "disorder"...
You recall the robber I mentioned in yesterday's post, right?
Well, here's an update:
http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20091002/LOCAL07/310029956/1002/LOCAL# Seems Mr. TYRONE PHINEZY hit this same bank 2 years ago (which explains why he was in jail for 15 months and was recently released). He must like that establishment.
Now, Tyrone is a prime example of the dysfunctional behavior rampant in "his" community.
And apparently, the PENAL SYSTEM didn't do him a damn bit of good.
Granted, on the first heist, he bullsh*tted his way into getting money when he "said" he had a gun (and did not), and yet there he was again, with the SAME M.O., doing the SAME thing...and once again getting away with it.
Now I believe he WILL get caught again...(if his brother's smart, and a reward is offered), and Tyrone will go BACK in the slammer, only to get out and repeat this at a still later date.
The judicial system is FLAWED...period.
The penal system is FLAWED.
The Black community is FLAWED.
The sheer lack of MORALITY is the issue here.
There is NO integrity any longer in such communities. The only thing is a skewed sense of "priorities", which demands nothing less that getting ALL you can, ANY WAY you can, AS OFTEN as you can, and to hell with anyone in your way, including law-enforcement.
Helluva way to go through life, isn't it?
Well, I see the evidence DAILY.
Not a pretty picture.
Makes me wanna keep on asking the burning question:
"How's all that HOPE AND CHANGE working out for you people, hmm?"
I'm just not seeing it myself.
Nor am I seeing ANY evidence of the C.O.P. program this city embraced being all that effective.
ANY "community-oriented" policing program is ONLY AS GOOD as the COMMUNITY itself. When you HAVE no "community" to speak of, the entire venue is a waste of resources. You need to enact a PROBLEM-oriented stance instead.
Sure, the C.O.P. programs work in areas where people still DO give a rat's ass, but in areas like mine...not so much (if at all).
Be nice to NOT have to go anywhere else to see people that care...the way they USED to.
Don't know about you...but I really MISS those days.
Have yourselves a great weekend, and...
Stay safe out there, America.

6 comments:

JamiSings said...

Well, I just read Rio is going to be the site of the Olympics.

That is, if the Mayans are wrong and the world doesn't end in 2012. LOL

Isn't it amazing how the same problems crop up but in different cultures depending on where you live? The meth makers/dealers/users in my neighborhood are white. The ones whom pee in public are Hispanic.

Bob G. said...

Jana:
I guess Brazil's criminals ARE "nicer" than OURS...LOL.

The LIBS will just blame it on BUSH...or Limbaugh...or Beck.
(they need to look in the MIRROR)

I love it!

Jami:
Maybe the MAYANS could be wrong...!?!
Yeah, the "methers" HERE are white trash, too.
Making METH is "too much like WORK" for the rest...LOL.

Wow...you have Latino pissers...amazing.

Guess you can take the PERSON out of the ghetto/barrio, BUT...eh?

Thanks to both of you for stopping by.

Have a great weekend.

JamiSings said...

I think it just depends on where you live, Bob. If you go someplace else it'll be another group.

I spent a summer cleaning beach restrooms. Now because I live in SoCal most of the Hispanic population is from Mexico. One of the gentlemen I worked with was from Mexico himself and he told me about how in many cities that are off the tourist route the sewer pipes are so small you can cause a major blockage by flushing toilet paper. That's why, even when here in America, they'll often move their bowels and put toilet paper next to the toilet rather then in it.

Course there was one white woman whom used to do that just for fun. We caught her one day. She would wait until we had cleaned. Then come down and relieve herself next to the toilet. There she was, dressed in a $500 business suit, $700 high heels, perfect manicure - and she got off on pooping on the floor of public restrooms.

White, black, Hispanic, Latino (there is a difference) - really doesn't matter what you are but how you were raised.

Have I gone in public before? Sure. When no toilet was available. My bladder stopped growing when I was about 3 years old. I'm prone to kidney infections and UTIs. When I have to go, I have to go NOW. However, I do make an effort to find a toilet before resorting to squatting in an alley or behind a bush.

Bob G. said...

Jami:
Interesting situations you speak about.
ANd I agree...there are some people of EVERY race a, ethnicity, nationality and religious persuasion who do whatever they want because they CAN.

Hmm...didn't know that the FREEDOM TO PRACTICE IRRESPONSIBILITY was in the Constitution??


And YES, I have gone outside myself...DEEP in the WOODS!!!
My Native-American name is:
"WIPING WITH LEAVES"

:)

(and I never did find that roll of TP hanging on the tree limb those BEARS on the commercial manage to use...LOL.)

Thanks for commenting.

indy said...

ok noone goes in public where i live. everyone probley sells here also.

that being said i have been known to put the toliet paper in the trash can next to the toilet when i lived in saudia arabia. out in the desert i would pee in the open. sometimes we would have enough trucks to rally around for a little privacy. in germany their pipes never backup up no matter what you flushed. here in america if it isnt toliet paper i dont flush it. i also flush a few times when i doo the dooo.

omg we did a little bit too much temi.

oh yes, i forgot....we used to put fuel on the shizz and trash and burn it in desert. that was adorable fun.

take care.

Bob G. said...

Indy:
OK...didn't that about being in Saudi-land...LOL!

Best method I know of when doing a bivouac is:
1- dig a hole.
2- Let nature take it's course.
3- fill in the hole.

Oh, and NEVER reuse that "latrine" as a FOXHOLE when the enemy comes calling...!

Never could get my brain wrapped around that "use your helmet as a potty"...umm...no thank you...I might have to WEAR it later.

:)

Thanks for commenting.