02 November 2009

Monday Musings...
A brand new month...and a Happy Dias De La Muertos to you all...
Just in case anyone was wondering about this whole "day of the dead" thing...
This is not only a day when the dead are "celebrated" , but it should be a time to notice all the "living dead" we have among us.
Don't think we do?
Well, if you're a teacher, or even know one, just ASK them if it's true that the "dead" come back to life...when that BELL RINGS...LOL!
I just get to see my neighborhood "zombies" meander about, doing the same thing...every day of every week...week after week, year after year. And if that's NOT what it takes to be a zombie, I don't know what is.
We did survive Halloween...simply because not ONE PERSON came to the door...hmmmm....wonder WHY?
On the "up" side, the missus and I did snack on some popcorn and watched the movie THE DARK KNIGHT.
(good flick, btw)
Nice to NOT be interrupted, too. Can't imagine WHERE all those kids I see in the neighborhood actually WENT?
Like I say: We take our victories where we get 'em.
** I hope some of you managed to watch CHRIS WALLACE of FOX yesterday, because if you did, you saw a really good interview w/ Rush Limbaugh. And while I don't tend to be nearly AS conservative as Rush, I do appreciate his POV, simply because he backs it up with FACTS.
Gee, whatta concept...backing up what one says with FACTS...it might just catch the hell on...you never know.
** Leaf pickup (the first of two) begins on the SOUTH side of Fort Wayne today...and thanks to wifey's help on Saturday, we have damn near all the leaves at the curbs and berms surrounding our "battlements".
Like I bemoaned last week, others simply raked them into the gutters.
I suppose I can't really gripe...at LEAST some people RAKED...(better than doing nothing, as is the SOP for many around here)...
** Barack Obama (mmm, mmm, mmm) will be making a decision SOON regarding the troop situation in Afghanistan (about freaking time, too).
He wants to make SURE the "strategy" is correct.
Lemme clue da Prez in on something...
When your GENERALS (who just happen to be in the military...weird how that works) TELL YOU that "this or that" is NEEDED...and ASAP, you SHOULD pay some attention to them...because THEY KNOW SH*T!
I mean, that's usually HOW they GOT TO BE generals in the first damn place...by making some good decisions along the way.
And they probably saw their share of military action aka COMBAT, so they've done some homework where THAT is concerned.
It's like a police chief constantly lobbying for more men or equipment, while the city is aflame with crime...
You (as mayor) should PAY ATTENTION...or just watch the news once in a damn while.
We have in place (in Washington, D.C.) an interesting study in what CAN go "wrong" when people of limited expertise are allowed to sit in the "big chair" and make those life-changing decisions.
I mean how LONG was Obama a SENATOR before he ran for (and won) the PRESIDENCY?
And how much "executive" experience does any of his staff REALLY have when it comes to the nuts and bolts of our founding documents?
So far, I'd have to concede that I'm not seeing too damn much!
It's funny....I didn't really start out to do a "political" blog, and I stated that several times in the past, but you can't help it.
You see and hear things that even people who would NOT otherwise be even mildly involved in ANYTHING political are beginning to take notice to.
** And a lot of this "stuff" is scary.
I mean, to have ANY government all but DEMAND that everyone get health care...OR be subject to a fine (or imprisonment) smacks of a Communistic mindset.
There will ALWAYS be people that don't have health care...that's a given.
And many people (mostly the young and fit) won't see a real NEED for it...they're immortal, after all (or so WE used to think).
The people who REALLY require ANY real form of health care are usually:
a) the already infirm
b) the elderly
And most of THEM already DO have some form of care.
But, the government knows best (so THEY think)...and will "blow the wad" (read screw up our financial status and value of the dollar) to get it done.
I'd like to believe that our government does have "our" best interest in mind, but to take us all by the hand, and lead us through our lives is simply nonsensical at best, and highly intrusive at worst.
The government does NOT spend all it's time with me...I DO.
Therefore, I fully believe that I am the best-qualified person to understand what MY NEEDS are...simple huh?
And I'm sure YOU believe likewise, right?
And I will do what is needed to ensure that my "needs" are taken care of in the best and most cost-effective manner possible.
Every single one of us does it...and have done it since the nation's inception.
We rely on OURSELVES...FIRST, no matter what situation we find ourselves in.
Funny thing is...our government, as conceived, took JUST THAT THING into consideration, didn't it?
Be nice if all those in some political office took some time from their junkets, golf games, lunches, and trips to sit their asses down and READ the founding documents...or even the BILLS THEY WRITE!
In order to secure our FUTURE, they all have to look to our PAST, in order to make the PRESENT have some meaning.
Yeah, that's probably why I never took to politics or wanted to hold any office.
I couldn't stand all that "fun time"...AND, I like to READ...
Ah, well...it IS Monday...and about 52 "shopping days" until Christmas...
Perhaps Santa won't be affected by this financial clusterf*ck...
Don't see any "cash for sleigh" schemes...that's good.
No "cap and trade" being sought for the North Pole OR his reindeer...fine by me.
And PETA isn't after the fat guy for having that fluffy white fur on his "business suit"...fantastic.
Yeah, it could be a decent week after all.
But, it's only Monday.
Things "could" change
Stay safe out there, America.

7 comments:

MsPsycho said...

Gee thanks for reminding me that there are only 52 days left until Christmas...I'll never be ready on time. Guess I'll just have to rob that bank a little sooner than I thought..hehe.

Have a great day!

Bob G. said...

MP:
Hey, better to hear from ME... right HERE, than a LOT later on some TV you're walking past in some mall, right?

Remember...MENTALLY...we're ALWAYS ready for Christmas...all we gotta do is get the REST of us convinced to get in gear and ride along...LOL!

Have a great day yourself!
Thanks for stopping by.

indy said...

after many years of living on this planet i am sure even the president really isnt the top dog in control of this country. i'll tell you 2 reasons why i say this.

1.when i was in the military at ft sill we were going out on some field excises. there were giving us the rundown. saying we were going to a forign country and we were going to go to war. well one of the "old timers" said just tell us we are going to germany to fight a war (this was before the iron curtain came down). they guy said no, we are not. it says here southwest asia. that was in 1987. when i got to saudia in 1990 i found out as fast as i could if that unit had made it into country yet. yea, they made it. in fact, they were the first ones.

2. i "met" a man on the internet a few years ago. about 6 of them in fact. he told me some shit about my job and how it was all going to go down. this last year and a half he has been correct on what he said back 6 years ago. in fact before the olympics were announce for south america he was already playing south american music on his blog........this jerk is in the know.

3. obama had the best publicity campaign out there. i remember talking to my sister over thanksgiving meal back in 2006 about how he was going to be the next president. you could tell from the front covers on all the news rags.

4. i just feel it. i feel like i have been told somehow to understand things are alot bigger then what they seem so i am prepared in the future. and i can prepare my child also.

5. the jews have bibical writings on them that have codes in it that talks about what things are to come. it is outlined in there about the kennedy murder, and 911. in fact when the history channel did a thing on it a few years ago they even said that it was fortold even what some common people would do or what would happen to them. at that time i said hummmm i am in there. my parents always said that my name is in the bible but i couldnt find it (i do have a jewish last name ironically). it bothered me for awhile then i let it go. last year i won a car. i wonder deep inside if my name is on that script. trust me its pretty top secret. they hardly talk about it anymore.

6. at&t have a back room that lets our government agents spy in phone calls it is said. target has a building that is safer then the whitehouse that all the target security camera are broadcast at. it is said cia has complete access to it. there is more but i am sure you get the point.

there is something out there far more then meets the eye. personally i would be happy just to live my life in peace.

indy said...

by the way we celebrated day of the dead at the indianapolis arts center on e 67th st here in indy. your wife would have enjoyed it.

http://www.dayofthedeadindy.org/dayofthedead2009/shrines.shtml

Bob G. said...

Indy:
Somehow I had a gut feeling they'd be celebrating Dias de La Muertos in our state capital...LOL(who knew we were SO Hispanic...in INDIANA).
I mean I can see it in the border states or even CA, but those "amber waves of grain" (upon closer inspection) might have more MARIJUANA in them than ever, and would explain a LOT.

Also, while some people would label you a conspiracy theorist nutjob, I'm totally WITH YOU on a lot of those things you mentioned.

There are just TOO MUCH strange stuff going on "behind the curtain", that we don't really know who's running what...and for what reason.

Bernie Goldber5g said what I;ve been saying for a LONG time...this is now the UNITED STATES OF ENTERTAINMENT...(anything to keep the people from finding the REAL things out)...keep us all "distracted". Just follow the yellow brick road.

This ain't OZ, that's for sure, but we do share a lot of similarities.

Thanks for stopping by.

ms nk rey said...

You know how much I love quotes and I found this one altho I don't know who said it. I felt it sort of fit.
When a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. When a liberal decides he need s health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for his.

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Sounds about right to me...LOL!

Thanks for the quote.