20 November 2009

Weekend Roundup....
If any of you in the Midwest were wondering WHERE the cold weather has been hiding...keep your shirts on, it's COMING.
In the meanwhile, let's summarize the goings on for this past week, by peeking into those recently de-classified files I've been keeping in my basement (next to my shooting range and comic collection), shall we?
I mean, it's not like we all have anything BETTER to do this morning, right?
** From the "It's About Damn Time" files:
Accused shooter, Anthony Parish has been found GUILTY (again) in an '08 shooting.
Here's the link to the whole story:
http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091119/LOCAL03/311199992
This boy has been about "20 miles of bad road" since he was in double digits, and it's damn nice to see this punk-ass gangsta (most likely) face life in prison...yep, feels good.
Now, if we can get RICO PARRISH (not a direct relation, and who testified AGAINST Anthony) off the damn streets and away from any "protection" from any agency, I'm sure a lot of people will be happy. Rico's been known to brandish firearms and shoot them randomly around his part of "da hood", but seems to also be made of teflon, as his sorry ass isn't in the slammer...yet (that I know of). If he IS...by all means, KEEP him the hell THERE, and do the city a favor.
Definitely have a GANG problem in THIS "burg", but I guess all the bling, the expensive SUVs and cars, and the dope seized damn near weekly kinda gives THAT away...doesn't it?
I still have a few very suspicious houses in MY neighborhood that need surveillance and closing down, in case anyone is interested in helping me take back MY area of the city.
** From the "Has It Been THAT Long?" files:
Looks like the queen of afternoon TV, and resident "Mother Teresa", Oprah Winfrey will be calling it quits by 2011.
Well, considering that Steadman (her longtime beau) is doing Eric Holder's "stuntwork" and stand-ins these days, I guess Oprah is looking for greener pastures (to go with her palatial estates).
(She will be creating her OWN cable network, so Big Sister could be watching US while we watch her? All hail the "O")
Maybe she can go to Africa, and personally save all THEIR economies...it has the novelty of never having been tried...yet.
How's that "hope and change" working out for YOU, Oprah?
** From the "Let's Make A Deal" files:
Looks like a local rapist might be able to "bargain" his way out of the charges.
Here's the link to the story:
http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20091120/LOCAL03/311209985
This is EXACTLY what is so damn FLAWED with our judicial system...
Who speaks for the WOMAN aka the VICTIM here?
The rapist, Chad A Reuille, age 31, might wind up with what amounts to a slap on the wrist for his heinous behavior.
Crime might not "pay", but it seems to have nice "benefits" here in Fort Wayne.
Betcha he'd be singing a much different (and HIGHER) song, if he pulled this kind of crap in a "less civilized" society overseas, hmm?
** From the "Caveat Emptor" files:
It would appear that when the city bought the Renaissance Square building downtown, it was looking at a "gold mine" of sorts.
Now, it seems they not ONLY got the "mine"...but the SHAFT, as well.
Allen County council ONLY tossed $3 mil at the project to renovate and combine city-county offices....not ENOUGH for the city's likings (they wanted about TWICE that from the county), so the thrill is gone, and the deal is off.
The city will vacate the City-County Building and move into the Renaissance Square building (except for dispatch).
Here's the link to the skinny on this:
http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20091120/LOCAL/311209993
In a recessive situation as we find our economy, by all means, let's SPEND some money (better yet...BORROW some) to the tune of $17+ million for a nice white elephant. I dunno...the grey one worked pretty damn well.
Lastly, we're heading into the home stretch for the Thanksgiving holiday, and that is a portent to the Christmas season.
So naturally, the "WAR ON CHRISTMAS" has commenced.
Gee, I guess the War On Terror...uh, I mean our "Overseas Contingency Operation" must not be as "entertaining" as first thought.
(btw, Mr. President...ANY chance of taking a gander at the TROOP STRATEGIES for the MIDDLE EAST anytime soon? You ONLY had a plan on your damn desk for OVER 90 DAYS...and we're still losing troopers, so let's get on the damn stick, kapeesh?)
The GAP has decided that while it LOVES the commerce that the CHRISTMAS season brings, when it actually comes to speaking about CHRISTMAS...they don't want it.
Here's the article in the L.A. Times written by Dan Neil:
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ct-neil17-2009nov17,0,2040716.story
Gee, I didn't know a "Fatwa" was issued against the CHRISTIAN populace of this nation...did you?
I get REALLY pissed at those who "don't want to offend" those who might not embrace CHRISTMAS...
Tough Sh*t!
Build a damn bridge and GET OVER IT.
I don't find a damn thing wrong about PEACE ON EARTH...or GOOD WILL TOWARDS MEN that's associated with CHRISTMAS...do you?
And let's give props to the JEWISH sect of our society, who willingly fill in for those (nasty) CHRISTIANS during CHRISTMAS.
They don't seem to have ANY problem with CHRISTMAS...
But "some" folks apparently DO.
America is, and has always been a "melting pot", and that means we ALL have homogeneously BLENDED into ONE PEOPLE.
Sure, we might have been founded by God-fearing men and women, and we've thanked our Creator FOR the opportunity to be given a nation free from tyranny and free from the shackles of oppression.
We are AMERICANS, and the beliefs and customs OF America is what makes this nation separate from all the others.
Those customs could have come from Germany...or England...or Russia, or even Italy, Ireland, or Greece. Doesn't matter where. They were added TO our nation, making it stronger.
And in times such as these, we need to garner ALL the strength we can, no matter WHAT the season.
Have a great weekend, and...
Stay safe out there, America.

8 comments:

Diane said...

That rapist getting off pretty much scot-free really pisses me off. Why is that stupid DA giving him a plea for that?

As far as the melting pot goes, it used to be when people would come to America, they would LEARN ENGLISH and adapt to our country... not our country adapt to them. My great-grandparents did not have the products in the grocery stores written in English AND in Ukranian/German/Czech. I go to the grocery store now, and sometimes the products are all turned out with the Spanish side out. Makes it harder to find a product. Also I turn all of them back to the English side. When I go to Walmart here in the bigger town, as you walk through the store, guess which language is facing you for what is on each aisle? Spanish! You have to actually be IN the aisle to see the English sign of aisle contents. But Texas is a hispanic majority state.. I guess I need to learn Spanish :|

Bob G. said...

Diane:
This city LOVES the plea-deal...go figure.
Guess they don't "want to offend" anyone"...load of BS if you ask me.
The only "deal" that should be cut is HOW we plan to off their sorry ass.

As to our melting pot...you're abosolutely correct.
Those coming here ASSIMILATED THEMSELVES into our society.
They BECAME Americans (no hyphen needed), plain and simple.

All this mainstreamed "Spanish" this and that is crap.
Yet, the direction this country could be headed in, we might wind up a lot more like MEXICO...because everyone just HAS to "be equal"...there are NEVER any losers...everyone WINS.
SO it's better for us to come DOWN to Mexico's standards than to even try to elevate them (or anyone else to OURS.

Now, if anyone believes THAT, there is a bridge in Manhattan for sale...heh, heh, heh.

Thanks for stopping by, and do have a great AMERICAN weekend!

Bob G. said...

BTW: The removal was for a duplicate post...just in case anyone is wondering.
(I've done it myself)

:)

Diane said...

I just noticed you said you had a range in your basement - my dad did too, down in the basement of the funeral home they took care of, by the preparation room. He said the table in the prep room was great for cleaning fish - stainless steel, just wash the blood and guts down the drain. (the owner had 5 funeral homes, they didnt use the table for bodies).

Bob G. said...

Diane:
The (shooting) range is STRICTLY for AIRSOFT/BBs/PELLET weapons.
(well that, and my .43 caliber PAINTBALL PISTOL...heh, heh, heh)

And it's only 15 ft. MAX area, so we're talking CQB here.
I'm not gonna be cleaning ANY fish (or cadavers) anytime soon down there, trust me...!
(But I bet the prep rooms would make great man caves...if you're NOT easily bothered by the recently deceased)

Thanks for stopping by and do have a a great Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Anthony Parish aka AP is cool as hell, he's a good guy. He's a funny kid and I'm sad to see him throw his life away so early. He's never did a bad thing to me and we got along pretty well actually. My regards go out to him and his family. As for the shootings he was in, it's not like the people he was shooting at, and the one he allegedly killed were innocent. He's not going around shooting old grandmas and innocent by-standers. He's been shot a few times, as well as his friend and mine Contrell Brown was killed so I'm hoping he got them Pac Life dudes that did that. I think it's pretty immature of you to talk bad about AP when you don't even know him. If you ever talked to him you would think way different. Yeah he's a hardcore guy, but hes also a good friend and a cool person to talk to. This is coming from a white person by the way, because I'm sure you would have gone on with some stereotypical shit.

Bob G. said...

Anon:
It's ALWAYS good to talk bad about BAD PEOPLE...and this punk-ass had a laundry list rap sheet...
And I don't care if you're a white thug wannabe or not...if YOU think he's "cool", then YOU are definitely a part of our societal PROBLEM JUST LIKE HIM.

Maybe you'll luck out and get to share a CELL with him in the future...sounds like you're well on your way.
Good luck.

And have a happy (thug-free) day.

:)

Phil Marx said...

Anonymous,

I actually understand, to a degree, what you are saying. I think you are correct that many of the guys who are living the gang life intend to direct their violence towards each other rather than innocent bystanders. The problem is that when innocent bystanders happen to get in their way, they often show little regard for them.

I have never formally met Anthony Parish, and it appears that he was not a regular in my gang-controlled neighborhood. But he did shoot a man last summer a half-block away from where I live. Our eyes actually locked for a brief moment as he fled from the scene of the shooting. Even though I was not the target of his rage, I have no doubt that if I had been in front of him instead of off to the side he would have tried to kill me as well.

My issue is not with people who sell or use drugs. My issue is not with people who spend their entire day just hanging around on the corner either. I am a very liberal minded person who firmly believes "to each his own" is the best policy. And while many of the gang members proclaim that all they want is for other people to mind their own business and leave them alone, they do not actually adhere to this policy themselves.

They come to other people's neighborhoods, stand in front of other people's homes, and hide their drugs and guns on other persons property. They harass and intimidate people who simply ask them not to bring their dangerous activities to those who want no part of it.

I can say from my own personal experiences that many F.W gang members will actually respect non-gang members once they realize those people really don’t care what they are doing, but instead just want themselves and their property to be left out of it. However, I can also say establishing this type of communication is extremely burdensome and is something that the average person is not capable of doing.

Anthony Parish and many of his friends terrorize the neighborhoods they roam in. This may not be their intention, and I think they often do not even realize it, but it is the truth. I should not have to look out my windows fifty times a day. I should not have to remove drugs and paraphernalia from my property. And I should not have to strap a Glock on just to go out and mow my own lawn. But I do, and Anthony Parish is a part of the reason why.

There are a lot of guys who live in my neighborhood who I strongly suspect of being drug dealers. Yet I get along fine with them because they conduct themselves respectfully towards others. Anthony Parish may have been good to his friends, but he was out of control. The shooting rampage he embarked upon last summer proves this. I don’t know Anthony Parish, but I am glad he is in prison because that makes my neighborhood just a little more peaceful.