01 January 2011


Welcome to the NEW YEAR...
And with it, 365 more days of things to think about, right?
Now, you already know I don't choose to make any resolutions save one; to NOT make any resolutions (just like CWMartin...lol), that way I rarely disappoint myself in the process.
But, I do allow myself the indulgence of specific "promises" (as another reader, INDY had stated), in order to keep myself centered on whatever task is at hand.
There is nothing wrong with making a pact, a pledge...a promise to oneself.
That alone shows you are a person of integrity.
And it shows you pay attention to what you're saying, which can often be a godsend.
You take all you've learned to date, and APPLY it...somewhere in your life, or to someone.
You gather up that WISDOM that comes from all that knowledge and allow it to do ITS job.
At least, that's the battle strategy.
And, more often than not...it works, and works damn well, even if it doesn't seem as though you've scored that late 4th quarter touchdown.
I've said here many times that everything we do (or do not do) has consequences, but we rarely take time to think on the GOOD consequences.
That's because the word CONSEQUENCES is mainly used to denote something bad...or foreboding.
Consequences are basically the RESULT...the net sum...the "total", if you will...of an action.
If there is one promise I make to myself (damn near daily) it's to be better in some way than I was the day prior.
That can come by reading something, seeing something on TV, or even by...yes. reading the blogs that are out there.
Differing perspectives...different voices, and seeing things through the eyes of others can help to further define ourselves in ways unimaginable.
And there ain't nothing wrong with that, friends.
That's how "we" learn.
We observe...we ask questions...we search for answers. We keep an open eye, and open ear, an open heart and an open mind.
And that should be enough for any of us.
We are urged into action...
And the level of ethics we display as we learn and then apply what we learn is noticed.
Those we directly affect may be small in number, but it;'s the unseen souls that we never notice where much change manifests itself.
Like I say, the kind word, the good deed, the thoughtful prayer, and so much more help to help US, as well as help others.
And, we've got a whole new year to keep that ball rolling, don't we?
So, let's get everything off to a good start and make it a better year than the last.
We owe that much to others, but more specifically, to OURSELVES.
Have yourselves a great weekend.
And, from our house to yours, may each and every one of you enjoy a very Happy New Year.
After all, we're (still) just getting started, right?
Be well, make a difference to someone, and as always...
Stay safe out there, America.

8 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

Happy New Year, Bob G. ! Looking forward to your every day smarts, humor, and insight!

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
And a very HAPPY YEAR YEAR right back at my favorite G-ridin', hard chargin', cheesy-grinnin' LADY LEO!

We're gonna keep on callin' em as we see 'em this year!
(that oughta have the perps shakin', eh?)

Thanks for all you do and for taking time to stop on by today.

Roll safe out there.

Ann T. said...

Dear Bob,
Happy New Year to you and Mrs. Bobby G.! I am glad you survived the celebrations. Now that is something to celebrate!!

Ann

CWMartin said...

My first mention in someone elses blog! My head is getting SOOO big...

Bob G. said...

Ann:
Yasureyoubetcha!
(good for US)

I also got to see WHO was firing off guns nearby...
(bad for THEM)

Gonna be an interesting year.

Thanks for stopping by.

Have a great weekend & New Year.

Stay safe.

Bob G. said...

CWM:
I never shirk my responsibility to give credit where credit is due.
(Nor quote those who deserve to be acknowledged).

Glad I can help.

Thanks for swinging on by today.
Have a great weekend & New Year.
Stay safe.

indy said...

wow i got a mention too.......:)
happy new year to all.

Bob G. said...

Indy:
I keep telling you guys that I'm learning from ALL of you...

And that NEVER gets old.

Have a great weekend & New Year.
Stay safe down there.