21 June 2019

Friday Follies...
Okay, so we start the weekend off in fine style. Just be aware that today will not reflect the rest of the weekend.
We get one day of nice weather with no rain.
Tomorrow, we get back to the "wet"...(I know...weird).
Our Hoosierland weather for today brings us partly cloudy skies, temps climbing to about 78 degrees and that's it.
Not much more to say.
Leave the umbrella home to dry out today.
Now, let's get a cup, glass or mug of Friday Fortitude as we see what else has been (and will be) going on...
*** First up is the "What the hell happens today, Bob?" feature:
JUNE 21 -
National Peaches ‘N’ Cream Day
(no "Herb" involved)
National Day of the Gong
(why?)
National Daylight Appreciation Day
(I still prefer standard time)
National Selfie Day
(pass)
National Arizona Day
(happy spontaneous combustion folks!)
National Take Back the Lunch Break Day
(didn't know we had to) –
National Seashell Day 
(Maybe if I were in NJ)
Summer Begins – Longest Day of the Year
(it's called the Summer Solstice)
*** Next, let's see what we can observe over the following 48 hours:
JUNE 22 -
National Chocolate Eclair Day
(you had me at chocolate)
National HVAC Tech Day
(I was in one of many past lives)
National Onion Rings Day
(I like them more than they like me these days)
JUNE 23 -
National Hydration Day
(tell those in AZ)
National Pink Day
(well, it doesn't seem to be an LGBTQ+ thing)
National Pecan Sandies Day
(we should get a bag of these)
There we are...plenty of stuff to keep you out of the local jail.
Always remember to observe responsibly, and if need be, have a "designated observer".
*** Next up, from the "Stupid IS as Stupid DOES Department":
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2019/06/18/aoc-says-united-states-is-running-concentration-camps-on-southern-border-n2548442
Ever get the feeling that whenever this trollop opens her piehole, she WEAKENS the nation?
I believe that AOC is more like Pelosi than even she thinks.
*** Next...it's the 22nd wedding anniversary of the lovely Mrs. Bobby G. and myself.
Funny, feels a lot longer (every year).:
Here's a few stats - On your 22nd year anniversary you would have been married for 8,030 days which is 192,720 hours or 11,563,200 minutes or over 693 million seconds.
(WOW...sure DOES seem long now.)
Surprisingly, there is usually a traditional themed wedding gift that is associated with a particular year but with the 22nd wedding anniversary there isn’t one.
(How about a trip to Red Lobster like we usually do?)
*** Next up, let's drop by our "Kitten Corner"...
Our kids had another day of watching the rain turn itself on and off.  And since that got boring for them real fast, what else is a cat to do?
Yep, watching rain isn't much fun, is it?
Well, how about catching a nap...or several...heh.
Violet did come in and climb on the couch with me for a spell, and Gallifrey was wanting to find out what popcorn was...and promptly decided it was not for him. Funny, our former cats liked it. Maybe in time.
*** Next, time to check back in with "Midnight and Whiskers"...
Keeping watch on the patio.
Our furry duo again had to dodge the raindrops for their meals.
Midnight passed on lunch (as usual), but came back for dinner.
Taking a break from her nap.
Whiskers was in the shelter most of the day, but came out whenever I went on the patio to check on them (and the weather).
We did manage to get in back step treats morning and evening (got lucky there).
*** Last back to the restaurant...there's something comforting in spending a lot of years together. Call it the "comfort of the familiar".
Wifey and I make a pretty good pair, if I must say.
And, for the 22 years we've been married, I think I can count all the real arguments we've had on one hand...that's not bad at all.
My parents used to have a saying: "Never go to bed angry", and you know what?
They were right. We never have.
Sure, we have our disagreements now and then...everyone does, but differences of opinion or perspective (by either of us) makes lfie better, not worse.
Although I will confess that I can't possibly see what she sees in watching the Bravo channel...LOL. (and she feels likewise when I watch my superhero flicks)
They say opposites attract. That works well in the realm of physics, but I think people are attracted to others also due (more) to similarities.
It's nice to have shared interests, and it makes the time we spend together worthwhile.
After all...a JOY shared is TWICE a joy; a SORROW shared is HALF a sorrow.
Can't argue with those stats...can you?
Do have yourselves  a good weekend.
Be well, make a difference to someone today, and as always...
Stay SAFE out there, America.

See 'ya back here next week.

4 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

Love the kitties! We have baby ones...like everywhere. Good thing we needed more mousers. Now have to get the adopted mama kitty fixed. I think the rain has now become overrated. I pledge we have a nice soft rain once a week and 75 degrees of sunshine the rest. Sound good?

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
You got little kitties there? That's SO cool (and cute).
Mama Kitty's been "busy"...lol.
Now, we need NAMES and PICTURES!

---I LOVE your pledge.
Count me in and sign me up!

Thanks for rolling up and commenting today.
Much appreciated.

Stay safe down there, dear.

CWMartin said...

Hi! Technically, it is still Friday... watching the NHL draft...


Day of the Gong: A Chuck Barris production!

ECLAIRS!!!!!


AOC: I saqw (but didn't read) how satire site the Babylon Bee had a story along the lines, "AOC gets head stuck in bucket; MSM spins it as a good thing".

I'd come up with something for your "22" gift, but the best I can think of at this point is a Yossarion joke, so I'll defer...


...and just wish you both the very best. Excelsior!

Bob G. said...

Chris:
---I'll take your word on that.
---Bohemian Rhapsody ended with a gong as well.
---Yes, ECLAIRS!!!
(breakfast of champions)
---AOC should get her head stuck in a bucket. Her voice is like nails on a blackboard!
---I wonder if Joe Heller had "us" in mind regarding this particular anniversary...lol.

Thanks for the well wishes...and for taking time to swing by and comment.

Stay safe up there, brother.