16 January 2019

Humpday Happenings...
And, this crazy-ass Midwest weather continues, kids.
Listening to traffic reports, you'd think that few people out there remember HOW to drive ni bad weather.
Just make sure to do everything in YOUR power to not join in those statistics.
Our Hoosierland weather for today brings us some early freezing drizzle and light flurries (great), that has delayed or closed some schools around (and south) of our area, temps rising to around 34 degrees (not much melting there) and yes, cloudy skies. Simply craptastic!
Just make sure all your vehicle windows are clear so your vision isn't impaired.
Now, let's get ourselves a hot cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa (to better face the day) as we see what else has been going on...
*** First out of the meat locker is our WHO SAID THAT? quote for the week:
"The dark side of social media is that, within seconds, anything can be blown out of proportion and taken out of context. And it's very difficult not to get swept up in it all"
Sounds like this person has got the whole deal nailed down when it comes to the "new" manner in which too many people communicate (if you can call it that).
So, who said that?
The answer at the top of tomorrow's post.
Meanwhile, back at The Pineal Eye Boutique...
*** Next, time for our "What the hell happens today, Bob?" feature:
JANUARY 16 -
---It's National FIg Newton Day
(a good day to stay inside and have some)
---It's National Nothing Day
(sounds like a real plan for me)
---It's National Religious freedom Day
(God forbid they place Christianity ABOVE Islam...just sayin')
---It's National Without a Scalpel Day
(so how does surgery work this way?)
*** Next up... WTF is up with Gillette and this "toxic masculinity" anyway?
Somehow, I'm bot convinced.
Here's the lowdown:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimelsesser/2019/01/14/will-gillettes-ad-campaign-on-sexual-harassment-and-toxic-masculinity-bring-change/#2bc3492438ce
And I NEVER wanted to date THOSE women.
Okay, let me say straight away that I was never one of those "toxic" men, but I ALWAYS acknowledged the great job that our Creator did with many women. That's the YOWZAH! Factor.
I was the guy some women ONLY wanted to be friends with...sorry girls, that was more your loss than mine.
Try getting a REAL life, snowflake!
I'm getting tired of all these broad brushes (no pun or insult intended) that SOME in our society wish to paint ALL males with today.
We're NOT ALL like this, so try going after ONLY those who have that overabundance of testosterone and deal with THEM, kapeesh?
And for the record, I use generic razors and Barbasol.
*** Next,  as if the "digital realm" wasn't large ENOUGH, we now have this:
www.journalgazette.net/business/20190113/kroger-on-cutting-edge-with-digital-shelves
Wow...price changing "on the fly"...is this gonna make my grocery total LOWER? I doubt that.
And Microsoft is involved...
(I can hear the laughter already)
You want to make MY shopping experience BETTER?
Try stocking some food I LIKE...such as Scrapple, Lebanon Bologna, and some REAL rolls (that I can use for cheesesteaks).
And clean up the damn aisles (try doing that overnight). It's nasty navigating around all those unshelved boxes of various items whenever we go to your store.
*** Next up, time to drop by our own "Kitten Corner"...
I iz being cute for daddy.
Our kids didn't do bad yesterday, but then again, they were INSIDE and not exposed to the cold.
I iz just tryin' to not nod off.
I did fill the bird feeder and I've hardly seen ANY birds at it. But we do have several blue jays that will make a lot of noise and come grab any cat food left out for our other kids.
*** Next, time once again for our check-in with "Midnight and Whiskers"...
Sorry to worry you. I'm okay (and hungry).
Our furry twosome also did well, although Midnight chose to miss breakfast AND lunch...he's gonna give me a heart attack.
But he did come by in the afternoon and stayed around until Wifey got home.
Whiskers was content to just hang out close by and get all three meals (plus treats).
Honest, I waz lookin' for him ALL morning.
She did disappear for a brief time after dinner, but got the back step treats when Wifey arrived.
Going to be a chore making sure they have a clear spot on the patio to eat and get water.
Just wish he'd take to a shelter...save a lot of being cold for himself.
*** Last back to the slip and slide...according to the weather reports, it looks like this weekend will be "interesting".
Hopefully, not THIS interesting...
By that, I mean we're looking at a "significant" snowfall (several inches) on top of the snow we're still waiting (where we live) to be plowed aside. We're slated to get an inch or two tomorrow, as a preamble to the weekend event. Nothing but "fun", right?
They're already talking flash floods in CA. And you all know that weather always moves TO THE EAST.
Things COULD look a lot like THIS...
The amount of snow we'll get is still "up in the air" (no pun intended), but you can be assured that traveling around Saturday into Sunday will be an exercise in patience and possibly futility, if things get too dicey out there.
We could also wind up with little to nothing.
I know we're looking at doing the grocery shopping on Friday instead...just to play things safe.
(we have a window of a couple hours that will work out well)
When it comes to safety and common sense, I always side with as much caution as I can find.
I've driven in severe weather and I know the power of nature quite well.
So, if you're planning things for the weekend, it might be better to entertain indoor activities, unless the forecast changes and tells us otherwise.
No sense in taking risks when you don't really have to...right?
There's something to think about.
Be well, make a difference to someone, and...
Stay SAFE out there, America.

4 comments:

Susan Kane said...

but, I like Kroger and bologna. Hate the boxes and maneuvering around them. Mmmm, fig newtons, too. Why couldn't David Tennant, Matt Smith, and Peter Gabaldi just have stayed?? Why is Jodie Whitaker still there?

CWMartin said...

Quote: I SAID IT!! Weren't you listening?
(Note sarcasm font)

Fig Newtons! Although I admit that I usually get Fig Newmans anymore...


Religious freedom: Ah, but note that Christianity is BLACK AND WHITE...


Okay, I JUST watched the Gilette ad at last a few minutes ago, and I will say again: If you feel you must drop their product BECAUSE of that ad, they didn't need your business anyway. I thought that was thought provoking in a way that a LOT of men (present company excepted)really need to look at. I saw nothing wrong with it at all, and a lot of things right. "Toxic masculinity" is just another label used to buy us freedom from examining ourselves. "Oh, you called it T.M. so I must be against it!" I wonder how many of the men out there throwing fits over it ever really paid attention to what was shown, and how many just got the opening suggestion and "tuned out."


Kroger: yeah, the aisles are a bit crowded with work-carts and nobody anywhere near them... not to mention the "digital shoppers" trying to get an order around.

Weather: Just when I thought the wooly worm was gonna let me down... here it comes!

Bob G. said...

Susan:
---It seems we have similar problems with grocery stores.
Remember the old CORNER stores that never had ANY clutter in the few aisles THEY had...?
They were adequately stocked with everything we needed (how they got all that into such small places MUST have been some "time lord" science).

---And that brings me to the DOCTOR.
Yes, I agree with you there. but it IS a British show and the BBC always bends to acquiesce to the smallest fringe groups possible (ergo a gender shift for ur favorite timelord).
After the polish wears off, they might just go BACK to someone we could embrace once again.
Until then...((sighs)...have to settle for RERUNS!~
(or DVDs...HA!)

Thanks much for stopping by and commenting today.

Do stay safe out there.

Bob G. said...

Chris:
---LOL...sorry buddy, but someone BEAT you to the punch.
I doubled checked the name under the quote and it was NOT yours
(I know...someone messed up).
---The fig-filled (original) ones are fine, but I like those strawberry-filled ones a little better. They should try blueberry-filled.
---Black and White...good eye there.
---I dropped their product a while ago (when they stopped making refill cartridges for the (older dbl-blade razors, forcing me to get a newer "model",...whatta gimmick!
Granted, the ad SHOULD be watched by those men who NEED to see it, but you know how that'll pan out (that's why the remote control was invented).
I just get tired of all these "labels" (reinvention of the wheel, imho) that represent nothing more than plain old COMMON SENSE.
In some ways, I suppose it should insult our intelligence.
I will admit it gives the "me too" movement a few more miles.
A+++nd, it will no doubt cast a pall on ALL males in some fashion.
When society tries to emasculate the men, their method of "retaliation" is to become toxic (or effeminate).
That's a nasty premise either way, but creates good copy for the media on a regular basis.

Hey, thanks for stopping by and commenting.
Much appreciated.

Stay safe (and anti-toxic) up there, brother.