24 July 2019

Humpday Happenings...
We had an exceptionally nice day over the last 24 hours.  And today looks to be a close repeat of that. You will hear NO complaints from me.
Our Hoosierland weather brings us mostly sunny skies, temps once again climbing to the upper 70s and I'm not hearing anything about rain.
Looks like a winner to me.
Now, let's get ourselves a nice comforting beverage to get things going, as we see what else has been going on...
*** First up is our WHO SAID THAT? quote for the week:
"I have never written that there is a threat of fascism in America. I always considered the idea overwrought. But now I believe there really is such a threat - and it will come draped not in an American flag, but in the name of tolerance and health."
I really think this person has got a lot more figured out than most folks. I happen to agree with his call, because that's the exact way some want this country to go.
So, WHO said that? The answer at the top of tomorrow's post.
Meanwhile, back at the Yeshiva of Flatbush in Brooklyn, New York
*** Time for our "What the hell happens today, Bob?" feature:
JULY 24 -
National Thermal Engineer Day
National Tequila Day
(not that much a fan)
National Drive-Thru Day
(people in FTW take this too LITERALLY)
National Cousins Day
National Amelia Earhart Day
*** Looks like someone has managed to cut some "waste".
https://wpta21.com/news/top-stories/2019/07/23/usda-rule-could-affect-3-1m-food-stamp-recipients/
You just know there are those out there "gaming the system" and getting what they really DON'T deserve, thereby keeping such benefits out of the mouths of people who DO need it.
Loopholes like this really need to be closed.
There are those who love to "double-dip", sometimes for generations.
*** Guess what?
Looks like we have "Our Daily Shooting":
https://www.wane.com/news/crime/man-shot-on-lillie-st-suffers-life-threatening-injuries/
This took place last evening in the 2900 block of Lillie St around 1930 hrs.
One male (most likely black) was taken to hospital in critical condition (a head shot)
But wait...we're not done yet, kids. We also had THIS:
https://www.wane.com/news/crime/2-hospitalized-after-shooting-on-smith-st/
A little later around 2345 hrs in the 5300 block of Smith St we had two more people taken to hospital for gunshot wounds.
A male and Female were the victims. In this case, the injuries were not life-threatening.
See? All it takes is a slight break in the weather and the "locals" get right back shooting the crap out of neighborhoods (and each other).
*** When speaking of crime, you always hear me refer to The Broken Window Theory (that small stuff begets the big stuff), and it happens to be true, especially with the :"blignorant" and "spignorant" among us.
You can pretty much figure out to whom I apply these terms.
Spignorance IS bliss (to them).
The black ignorance and Spanish ignorance out there precipitate much (if not all) of the small stuff, such as having so many vehicles on our block so as to take up a good THIRD of my side of the street (God forbid we ever have someone who has to park in front of OUR house).
No thought to anyone else on the street, it would seem.
It's ALL about THEM.
*** Time to drop on by our "Kitten Corner"...
The kids did pretty good all day...until it was time to hit the sack last night.
Catching an evening nap.
Then, I heard one cat sneezing. I was hoping they didn't get into anything they shouldn't.
That's not the best time to nose about the house, as I'm trying to grab some shuteye, and can't follow them around.
We have us a box full of Violet.
Today, they're both awake and ready to go. I, on the other hand, need my coffee first.
*** Let's check in with "Midnight and Whiskers"...
"Now THIS weather I really like."
The furry duo were again close by the house all day.
I was thinking that Midnight would miss lunch, but no...he was there.
"You KNOW I'm sticking around."
Whiskers also made all three meals, and spent some time napping under the peonies (when she wasn't guarding the gate).
Caruso was naturally there as well, and he was in fine "voice".
"I'm just happy someone cares."
He is just SO affectionate. He'll plop down on your feet if you're on the steps, and almost goes to sleep.
Someone lost a fine cat. This kid belongs on a grandma's lap...heh.
*** I can now say I FINALLY have one. (have one what, you say?)
The Walmart exclusive Marvel Legends Captain America figure arrived yesterday.
Now, it wasn't a bargain (I paid $25 and change) for it. Retail was supposed to be $18 and change. Plus, the tax and shipping was a kick in the side, but it was STILL a better price than a LOT of these are currently going for on eBay, which apparently has MORE for sale than our local Walmart. Hell, I (now) have more than our local Walmart....LOL).
I still can hardly believe it, but that's half of my B-Day gifts down.
*** Last back to the firing range...we're fast becoming a city that seems to have violent behavior as an all too common occurrence.
That's not good. It would appear that for too many, the ONLY "point-of-destination" this city offers is a one-way trip to the coroner.
Wonder if "King" Henry takes time to ponder that?
As I mentioned above, when regard for your fellow man goes out the window, there's not much left when it comes to humanity, is there?
And, in a world filled with humans, you'd think we'd have a greater proportionate amount of humanity, right?
Oh, for the days when such thoughts were actually true and factual.
Be well, make a difference to someone, and...
Stay SAFE out there, America.

4 comments:

Susan Kane said...

Loved the last: Without God, we are nothing. Just look around you and see the truth.

My cousins are few and are scattered all over.

Super quote. Looking forward to the quotee.

Bob G. said...

Susan:
Yep. The farther society wanders from God, the worse we become collectively. Can't argue those facts.
Cousins - I know I have ONE left back in PA, and some thanks to marriage.
My method for choosing a quote is simple...I pick a word that's relevant, and let one of the quotes jump out at me...lol.
(brainyquote is a good source)
That usually works quite well.

Thanks for spending some time here today to comment.

Be well and keep cool out there, dear.

CWMartin said...

Ah, I thought I missed yesterday. Real bad Scrappy day, and went to Lily's soccer game last night.

I'm kinda more interested in WHEN the quote came than who from...


'Blignorant and spignorant.' You might wanna get some copyright marks on those two, lol!

Let me be more talkative on the next post...

Bob G. said...

Chris:
I can tell you, we ALL have those kinda bad days. You hang in there and rest in the Lord.
The "when" is more recent than you might think.
Copyright...LOL.
And will I get royalties every time someone says them?
(I wish) Nice idea, though.
NO worries, buddy.

Thanks for taking time to comment.

Stay safe up there, brother.