31 December 2006

This Past Year And The Upcoming Year...

We've seen our share of things in 2006, no doubt about that. Our usual host of celebrity deaths, the execution of a dictator, pipe dreams from city leaders, illegal immigrants, more violent crimes, and rollercoastering fuel costs led the way. In the business world, we've had still more mergers, acquisitions, buyouts, layoffs, outsourcing, downsizing, and have even set record highs with the DJIA and NASDAQ. Surely, it's been a very intriguing year in retrospect. SO...what can we expect, surmise or even dare to predict for the upcoming year?

Been giving some thought to this....

We will probably see more of the same, but that does not mean that will be a portent to boredom by any means. The year 2007 will unquestionably have some "interesting" aspects to it, if this year is any barometer of future activity. And the blogger in me wonders how I should address this, particularly that is. I really don't want to enter the realm of politics per se....there are those of you out there that do an exemplary job of reporting ALL the shenanighans just fine, and I do not wish to usurp your domain. Keep on keeping on, as the saying goes.

I might just "cop out" and follow suit here, namely providing personal opinion and insight into things that I feel warrant concern and debate. So far, that hasn't reaped the whirlwind of discontent. Sure, I don't mind hanging the occasional "Sword of Damacles" over my head. Many people have said that anything worth believing in is worth whatever risk one is willing to endure. And I try to ascribe to that.

I will, in all likelihood, display my signature rants every now and then, just to keep my blood pressure from dropping TOO low. After all, around my neck o' the woods, it's not like I don't have ENOUGH to piss, moan, gripe, and bitch about. That I have in abundance. And since I don't see all these mooks changing THEIR "stripes" any time soon, they will continue to provide the cannon fodder for my tirades, however pertinent (and unpopular) they might be.

I promise to not take myself "too" seriously as well. And that will certainly apply to other bloggers out there (they know who they are...lol). I will however keep my tongue firmly in my cheek whenever I walk arm-in-arm with my buddy, Sarcasm. Along with our mutual friend, Cynicism, we hope to provide some amusement, some facts, and some insight into people, places and things you wouldn't have thought about. But rest assured that will never diminish my passion for my beliefs or my convictions one bit. Truth will always be on the forefront.

There will be those times when it "appears" that a certain post will have a (misconstrued) "racial" overtone. Rest assured that NO ONE race will EVER be unjustly targeted, singled out, lambasted, derided, or unduly persecuted. They can do THAT to themselves quite nicely, thank you. But if you wish to consider those among us who CHOOSE to act in an irresponsible manner, waving STUPIDITY as their rallying banner, acting like complete and utter IDIOTS (and thereby...a "race" unto themselves), totally incapable of cogent thought or civil discourse, then by all means, feel free to do so. I will not shirk my responsibility to point THOSE people out to you. These people will always be IDIOTS FIRST...they can be white, black or whatever SECOND! And the best part about THAT, is that acting the fool does not hold court with any ONE political party, race, nationality, religion, or personal creed.

I love that...don't you?

So here's to 2007....Bigger, louder, and probably more violent (and verbose) than ever. May we all find the sanity to not only survive, but to make a difference for the better.

Happy New Year to One and All...!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

I think your blog is well written...
great points and articulate.
I enjoy reading it.

Here's to 2007...