10 May 2007

Only in Indiana...

Just when you think you've seen about EVERYTHING (even after 54 years)...something SO damn weird comes along, that you've just GOT to wonder to yourself: "What the hell planet am I on these days"?

Such is usually the case in my part of the city. Whenever I think it cannot possibly get any MORE bizarre, someone always comes along and proves me wrong. ANd whatever people tell you about the SOUTH side of town...don't believe a word UNTIL you spend some "quality time" down here....and then you'll know EXACTLY where I'm coming from.

And let me apologize up front for the "quality" of the pictures...I was "on the fly", and grabbed the cheap-ass digital camera. Had I my good camera, there would be "no need to adjust your set...we would be in control"...LOL!

So let's venture into The Twilight Zone....

Submitted for your approval....one late model Jeep Grand Cherokee, initially painted a normal hue, driving in a normal town, and most likely once driven by a normal person. Enter one village idiot, with more (ill-gotten) money than brains (and taste). Mix thoroughly, and what is the result?

A 4-wheeled "can of Pepsi"....
But wait...it DOES get better.

Take same Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by same village idiot....and after a time (and more money)...you wind up with:

A 4-wheeled MONOPOLY board!!

I kid you not.

Sadly, this moron LOVES to thump around the neighborhood (acoustically-challenged, no doubt), and if you happen to see him in your travels, be sure to flip him off...just for the hell of it. The Cherokee also has a 17 inch plasma TV for the backseaters, as well as the aforementioned kickerboxes for the 20 inch BASS speakers. And those ARE "spinners" on the wheels....you can't have a GHETTO-SLED without them now, can you?

Now "if" I wanted to draw THAT much attention to me, I sure wouldn't use the STEREO to add to the trouble. And even "if" he IS advertising for Parker Brothers (highly UNLIKELY), wouldn't it be BAD ENOUGH to have your vehicle look like a rolling billboard? I've seen those cars painted up to represent companies in NYC and Philly and even L.A., and brother, this sure as hell AIN'T one of them....believe me.

Besides, when you drive ANY vehicle that has ANY thing written on it, you represent that entity...and people WILL call you for ANY infraction on the streets and highways of this nation (remember the 1-800 numbers for "how's my driving"?)...that's just the way we are anymore. And "bad press" breeds like a virus.....exponentially! Ask anyone in any PR department.

Like it or not....these people are going to be with us for some time....let's just try to make their "stay" as uncomfortable as possible, so the rest of the NORMALS (like us) can get on with life, without such "diversions".

A rolling freakshow....like I said before...you ARE what you drive.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Hmm, if Parker Brothers ever finds out about this, the person driving that vehicle could get his pants sued off.

Wanna bet if you took his license plate number and annonymously report it to Parker Brothers that they'll be in Ft Wayne ASAP?

Bob G. said...

Well, I DO happen to have his plate number (very big evil grin)....so I might just email Parker Bros with the picture....

Ther might even be a reward (or at LEAST a copy of the "SPIDERMAN MONOPOLY" game)...ROFL!

B.G.