12 October 2009

Monday Musings...
I tend to be an "easy-going" kind of guy...not bad for a borderline "type-A" personality.
Now, I suppose all I have to do is sit around and wait for my heart attack, hmm? I TRY my damnedest to stay on an even keel, regarding life in general.
But if there is ONE things that really trips my trigger, it's when people have absolutely NO regard for anything "you" might have...like your PROPERTY. You know..the one YOU pay taxes on...and maintain...and YOU live in...yeah, THAT property.
Case in point: REFUSE that winds up ON my property such as CANS, BOTTLES, etc...the stuff that WE (and physics) know is TOO DAMN HEAVY to be randomly "blown" there by a casual Indiana wind.
Take this picture here.
Now I didn't get ALL this crap off the lawn this weekend, but this is representative of the TOTAL AMOUNT that I'll be removing throughout ANY given year from MY property..
And you can tell by the "type" of items that there IS a "cultural" aspect to them.
(Damn, where the hell is Rev. Latham when you NEED him anyway?)
Now, the fact that this stuff is tossed on a regular basis by people who DO NOT WORK, and are probably sponging off the "gub'ment wif dat welfare check", is something to take note of.
In ALL the years I lived in areas that were predominantly WHITE, I NEVER had this problem. Maybe a candy wrapper now and then, but that was it. And I was brought up to NEVER toss anything on another person's property. That was just WRONG.
Things HAVE changed.
None of all this glass and metal flotsam was found THERE, that I have to pick up HERE these days.
And I refuse to believe that this phenomenon is purely a "Hoosier thing". I know enough Indianans to know that is not the truth.
This crap is not being tossed by decent, working people...I know that is a certainty.
(Now how DO you know that, Bob? Good question...glad you asked.)
It's true because there are hardly ANY people that DO work around here. And aside from a few Latinos and whites, the area is predominantly...(you guessed right...) BLACK.
Again, when you look closely at the "types" of items in the picture, these are exactly what you can see black people carrying as they WALK DOWN THE (middle of the) STREET, sometimes before 0900 hrs!
I mean how many WHITES you know swill down STEEL RESERVE..or COLT 45, or cheap-ass brandy as part of the "Booze for Breakfast Bunch"???
Am I picking on blacks?
Well, if THEY are the ones who are going to toss crap on my property (and they are), you bet your ass I am.
And I'd do the exact same thing if I caught anyone else of ANY other race doing it.
There is simply NO EXCUSE for such behavior.
Now, the really "funny" thing about all this lawn trash, is that most of it is tossed from MOVING VEHICLES.
So much for catching any DUI violators on MY block, hmm?
And the last time I checked, the police here STILL DO cite or arrest for DUI and/or open container violations.
I guess if I installed a camera to watch my side lawn (the usual dumping spot), I could have some really convicting stuff.
Now, I suppose that making recycling MANDATORY would be a moot point with this bunch of Aborigines.
They don't do it now (that's what my lawn is for).
But...if THAT isn't enough for you...how about THIS?
As a point of reference, this is what my mailbox USED to look like...
On Saturday afternoon (between 1PM-3PM), while watching TV in the family room, THIS happened to our mailbox out front!
They also got the black people across the street (in case they nailed the "wrong white mailbox")...gotta love that.
I didn't even hear it...damn sneaky bastards.
They pulled my cemented post RIGHT UP from the damn ground.
** (Please note date is INCORRECT - should be 10 OCT 09)
They were the ONLY mailboxes screwed with on the entire block...weird how that works, isn't it?
And it had to have taken more than just a few seconds (even for more than one person)... as these "people" were having "fun"...and NOT ONE DAMN PERSON heard it, saw it, or even bothered to say anything to these vandals (normal, decent whites are SO loved here). So much for having ANY sense of "community", eh?
And so much for "Community-Oriented Policing"...
I suppose if I was dealing DRUGS, or fencing stolen items or selling scrap copper that was boosted from a vacant house, they'd not even bother that mailbox.
This is just another case of TNB, people...plain and simple.
Cultural? Definitely.
Racist? Sure, on THEIR PART.
But this is the kind of thing YOU never hear or read about...the BLACK-ON-WHITE thing.
Well, friends, you WILL hear it on THIS blog. make NO mistake about that.
These (things that pass as) "people" live to destroy...anything they want to..because they can.
Dead people are more productive than these bastards.
Take a nice neighborhood, move a few of THESE lowlifes into it, and within a YEAR...you WILL have a ghetto.
That's how OUR neighborhood has devolved into this craphole over the last decade.
And the BEST part about this...I had to WAIT until TODAY so I can call the police number to report an incident OVER THE PHONE on an electronic form....WTF?
Ditto for calling the POSTMASTER...if I can find this person. I do know I have to get and file a PS Form 2016 (vandalism)...whoop-de-friggin' do.
( I did get a cheap-ass mailbox attached to our front DOOR...at least I can hear if anyone messes with THAT...AND I will have the perps on my property...where I can SHOOT the SOBs)
Let the mail carrier WALK across my street to deliver my mail.
I did get ANOTHER mailbox and post (yet ANOTHER $50 we could use elsewhere), but I'm calling a "pro" in to concrete and pound his puppy in. I don't think I can be trusted with a 20 lb sledge right now with all THESE people around...(BWAHAHAHahahahaaa).
And, of course, since I don't live in Fantasy Land, we ALL know that the FWPD simply cannot park a patrol cruiser in front of MY house 24/7 for the next 15 years...right?
(Where are the concerned City Council members when you need THEM?)
Amazing how we (the city in general) can't be bothered with the small shit (like being able to REPORT A CRIME to a LIVE PERSON at YOUR house WHEN it occurs)...so, it's no wonder we have all this BIGGER shit happening, isn't it?
BROKEN WINDOW THEORY in FULL SWING HERE, folks!
Thank you, Realtors of Fort Wayne.
Thank you, deadbeat landlords.
Thank you, City Hall.
And THANK YOU CITY COUNCIL.
May you all suffer endless pain from festered assholes.
And I don't mean that in a BAD way.
I just MEAN IT.
What the hell has become of the AMERICA I remember?
Where did she go, and is she ever coming back?
It makes you think..about a lot of things.
It makes you recall those "good old days" with a lot more nostalgia.
One person can make a difference...I still believe that.
You live and teach by EXAMPLE.
But one person against SO MANY, who don't give a rat's ass, and would rather fight someone trying to make the area nicer for ALL, instead of allowing it to turn to squalor is simply NOT the American way.
One would think that an ally or two would surface...eventually.
Perhaps tomorrow?
Stay safe out there, America.

4 comments:

ms nk rey said...

Wow! I have an occasional piece of trash in my yard but dang. And deliberate damage to your property. I would be afraid. This decay of your neighborhood damages your spirit and devalues your property. I hope you stay safe.

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Amazing...isn't it?
Yeah, were up to 25 "items" (so far) this year...
(...it's an "off" year...lol)

Problem is, people don't HAVE to act this way.
We can thank all the "gimme" programs (for the lazy) that foster this bane throughout our communities.
Staying safe is JOB ONE (leaf raking comes second now).

BTW...a loaded firearm within reach ENSURES safety.

:)

Thanks for stopping by & for your concern.

indy said...

if you have a mounted route for the mailman you might not get your mail. if it is walking then you probley will. mounted they will give you a notice and perhaps a timeframe before they start sending your mail back to the people that mailed it. i feel for you. i didnt want to give you this "good " news but you need to hear it from someone that truely cares. i have similar problems in my neighborhood. and no i didnt hear when 10 mailboxes were slamed down last year. i still say go for the mental posts with mental top mail boxes they survive a beating normally. unless they are planning on pulling it up by the roots. how the hell did that happen.

makes me want to stay in indy. my problems are not AS bad as yours. not far off but not there yet.

i havent been signing on becouse i have been sick and going to work. sleep is my friend.

Bob G. said...

Indy:
Thanks for the info...and you take it easy...we don't need to have good people like you "under the weather".

Thanks for stopping by.