21 January 2015

Humpday Happenings...
It's the middle of the week once again, folks.
And, it's also a 2-hour delay for most all the area schools, due to some impromptu freezing drizzle.
((Oops. looks like the schools are CLOSED now...so much for that))
We're socked in with overcast so well, that my laser pointer reflects off of it...(that's LOW, folks).
Welcome to Wednesday, such as it presents itself.
Our Hoosierland weather isn't much to write home about...mostly cloudy skies with hardly any change in temps from this morning, where it's hovering around the freezing mark.
It's true TODAY.
We might reach 35 degrees if we're fortunate, so whatever crap is on the road surfaces making things nasty SHOULD dissipate by evening.
We could see a light snow shower, but no accumulation.
I've got my hot cup of java right here...you go get your comfort beverage and together we'll see what's going on elsewhere...
*** First off of the slip and slide is our WHO SAID THAT? quote of the week:
"Our government... teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy".
In a time where our government SHOULD lead by example (and has not for some time), this quote seems all too appropriate, don't you think?
So, WHO said this anyway?
The answer at the top of tomorrow's post.
Meanwhile back in the D.C.Courthouse...
*** It's also time for our "What the hell happens today, Bob?" feature:
January 21 - 
---Today is NATIONAL HUGGING DAY
C'mere, Pookie!
(not to be confused with National Cuddling Day -
I added that for the benefit of the Lovely Mrs. Bobby G....lol)
Aww...good race relations in the feline world.
So, feel free to hug a loved one or a friend (they might need it)...or that pillow if you're sleeping in this morning.
---It's also NATIONAL GRANOLA BAR DAY. ((yawn))
I admit to actually eating these from time to time, but they never have been, nor ever will be a PART of MY dietary plan..
And then...there's all the damn CRUMBS...!.
Sorry, I like MY oatmeal in a  BOWL with milk.
---And, it's also one of MY favorite days - SQUIRREL APPRECIATION DAY...
We're polite and patient.
(I kid you not).
Now, you all KNOW how much I care about the squirrels that frequent our "Fortress", right?
We check your roof for leaks
Looks like Wrinkles and Patches will be getting an EXTRA treat today...like RAISINS with their peanuts. Hey, it's the whole "least of God's creatures" gig.
We guard the side of your house, too.
Yeah, there are some people out there that view these cute buggers as nothing more than "tree-rats", but I beg to differ.
We watch your driveway for trespassers.
I like to think of them as guardians of a sort...protectors of those who take time to feed them.
We even perform "wellness-checks".
There are those days where it's a real pleasure to greet these little creatures...and they're nowhere near as noisy OR bothersome as ANY of our"locals".
Moving on...
*** Fortunately, I did get to watch THE FLASH last night before "da prez" took over most of the airwaves to bring us his "State of the Liar's Club" message (which he could have just sent everyone an email, and saved us an hour of wasted time).
I actually thought about doing a "drinking game" during this speech...every time Obummer tells a LIE, I take a drink.
I like my people fat, drunk and stupid.
Sounds easy enough to burn through a bottle of hooch quickly, right?
But, then I thought that it wasn't my place to have Wifey drive me to hospital when I suffer ALCOHOL POISONING from the ad hoc "binge" during only the FIRST 20 minutes of the propaganda-fest.
That's what WOULD have happened, had I pursued such a venue.
Instead, I settled for Dr. Pepper...and belched a lot...lol.
All I needed was Crow and Tom Servo.
But, were any of you here to watch it with me, you would have seen and heard me doing a "MST3K" on this SOTU speech.
There was hardly two sentences this guy spoke together, that I didn't have something to "add"..especially when it came to his pathological lying...(talk about a BINGE there, hmm?).
Then, he throws all these grandiose proposals that he has no plan to pay for, other than to tax those already being taxed, telling us it's going to help the MIDDLE CLASS. He'd make more sense if he helped MIDDLE EARTH...ROFL!
One "rube" to rule them all...
The middle class NEVER gets the breaks promised., and I should know...been there all my life, and my father before me.
It's the middle class that carries the majority of the log during  PE "Happy Hour"...many of the rich dodge the issue, and those claiming poverty (and raking in over $40K per annum) don't do a damn thing either way...them's the FACTS.
I have to give it to our Whiner-In-Chief...he IS a good presenter OF a speech. I think this man (child) could make an apocalypse appear hopeful, as he paints his rosy-picture for everything and everyone.
But I look at such speeches concerning their CONTENT...and CONTEXT.
What REALLY is being said, and is it germane to what problems this country and her people are suffering from?
THAT is what I listen for, rather than merely hear what's being said.
Yeah, I know...that makes me an outcast of sorts, right?
Tough (Girl Scout) cookies...that's the way I roll.
MMMmmm....cookies...
And not once did he say "Islamic terrorists"...what a numbnut.
Stop with all the deception.
Better to be hurt by the TRUTH, and comforted with a LIE, hmm?
A shame that such a quote remains "unknown"...like to know who had the fortitude to claim this.
Then again, isn't that what makes up much of this country?
*** Last back to the salt truck...our nation was founded by unique people...a gaggle of folks wanting something better than what they knew. And they were willing to do whatever was necessary to make that happen.
They had pledged their lives, fortunes, possessions, and their honor in order to ensure a better way of life and a better form of government than what they had left.
Yet, along the way, they never sacrificed their core beliefs, principles, and values, and never succumbed to those who would deny them of such an opportunity. Surely, an amazing people who settled on our shores.
Perhaps that's where we all need to go...back to the beginnings of this nation, especially those with whom the power of this country still resides
We have allowed too much wrong to permeate our society, and have given up too much good along the way, in the hope things will become better for us all. In that, we are all at fault. But all is not eternally lost.
We can once again reclaim that which we have forgotten - rekindle the fire in our souls for a better country, and perhaps even use history as it was originally intended...as a learning tool.
I believe that such things are still possible...AND achievable, IF we're willing to do as our founders did.
In that, there is TRUE hope.
Be well, make a difference to someone, and...
Stay SAFE out there, America.


(( ***1040 hrs - On a sad note, my wife's mother quietly passed from our world into the next overnight. This was sooner than expected, yet not totally unexpected. But, as I always say, no one we love or cared about  is ever REALLY "gone"...as long as we REMEMBER THEM. Rest-in-Peace, mom. ))

4 comments:

John DuMond said...

I don't know who gave us that quote, but I'm willing to bet it was not used in last night's SOTU. :)

Did you catch the season premiere of JUSTIFIED last night? Looks like we're off to a good final season.

Bob G. said...

John D.:
Gonna surprise you (or maybe not) when you find out who said that quote.

And regarding JUSTIFIED...
I MISSED IT...ARRRGGHHHH!!!
(gonna have to catch it inline)

Sometime, technology works FOR us...lol.

Thanks for stopping by to comment.

Stay safe out there.

CWMartin said...

So sorry for Donna's loss...

what more need be said?


Oh, yeah, a caller to Rush today came up with a name for the SOTU that Rush really liked..."State of the Scheme."

Bob G. said...

Chris:
Yeah, the phone's been busier than the old switchboards at Ma Bell...!

I heard that today.
State of the DISunion works, too.

Hey, thanks for the condolences and for stopping by to comment.

You stay safe up there, brother.