19 March 2018

Monday Musings...
Well, yesterday wa a bit of a "keeper", wasn't it?
Always good to see some NICE weather for a change.
Sometimes, though, I think it tends to bring out even more of the idiots, like it emboldens them to be more stupid than they usually are. That's not being cynical...just the way human nature reveals itself.
Our Hoosierland weather for today brings us partly sunny skies, temps climbing back up to around 49 degrees, and no chance of rain yet (but it's always coming).
At least we're seeing the crocuses popping up...that's a good portent to Spring..
Hopefully, the rest of the yard and garden will follow suit
So, let's get a nice refreshing drink to start the day, as we see what's been going on elsewhere...
*** First out of the flower bed is our "What the hell happens today, Bob?" feature:
MARCH 19 -
---It's National Certified Nurses Day
(sure beats those UN-certified ones, doesn't it?)
---It's National chocolate Caramel Day
(pass the ROLOS please)
---It's National Let's Laugh Day
(you gotta be kidding, right? ROFL! - oops, they got me)
---It's National Poultry Day
(everyone to Chik-Fil-A)
*** Next up, a search by police finds some "stuff". Here's the story:
http://www.wpta21.com/story/37740017/search-of-fort-wayne-home-uncovers-fugitive
The story posted back on the 16th, but doesn't mention what day it took place at the house in the 3700 block of Euclid Ave. This is across the street from Bethlehem Lutheran Church and John S Irwin Elementary School.
Police found a wanted fugitive, one Carlos Ellis, Jr, along with a .41 magnum revolver, heroin, marijuana, and narcotics trafficking paraphernalia.
Ellis                 Brown               Bloom
The narcotics were found all around the house and within the reach of a  4-year-old child that was present and lived there. The child was removed to CPS, and two others were arrested in connection with this investigation. They are  Detrick Brown and Jaime Bloom.
*** Next, we have homicide #10 for the year (so far). Here's the story:
http://www.wpta21.com/story/37741014/coroner-identifies-cause-of-death-for-5-year-old
Five-year-old Benjamyn Otto McKinney Frederick was found in the 1200 block of Gay St before being transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. The manner of death is homicide. Benjamyn is the 10th homicide victim in Allen County for 2018.
*** Next up, more child abuse in the Summit City. Here's that story:
http://wane.com/2018/03/16/infant-fighting-for-her-life-father-arrest-on-battery-charges/
Dakota Moran, 21, faces felony battery charges after his 5 month old daughter was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. He's a cocky little P.O.S. to boot in the way he spoke to authorities in his affidavit.
This took place in the 2300 block of South Calhoun St, just before noon this past Wednesday.
 He also told police that being home with the baby is “hard” and he is not use to being a dad. Welcome to REALITY 101, you idiot. Maybe you should have kept it in your pants!
This is the result of a permissive society that allows such immature young adults to procreate.
*** Next up, could THIS be the future of Uber or even self-driving cars? Here's the story:
http://www.wpta21.com/story/37741568/indiana-man-allegedly-took-taxi-to-and-from-bank-for-robbery
Now to me, this would qualify for some sort of Darwin award, becasue it certainly is a "special" kind of stupid, yes?
Thankfully, this took place in Evansville, and NOT in Ft. Wayne (yet)...
Derrick Faria, 19,  was arrested less than an hour after Thursday's robbery of a Fifth Third Bank branch in Evansville,  took a CAB to and from a bank robbery and that he paid the driver with some of his stolen cash.
One might conclude that being out of school sure didn't net this creep the "education" he was supposed to get...did it?
*** Next, FWPD officers are trying to be more "responsive". Here's the lowdown:
http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/police-fire/20180316/fwpd-seeking-to-be-more-responsive
I have mixed feelings on this, because as is usually the case, family members try to get into the perimeter established at crime scenes, to the detriment of investigating officers. Every scene looks (and sounds) the same, too. All the wailing that goes on makes things worse, as do hostile behavior by friends and such. Hey, the police didn't kill your (insert name and relationship) over a drug deal or domestic dispute, so back off and let the professionals do THEIR job.
Also, maybe if you people would come FORWARD once in a while, some of this could even be avoided.
*** Next up, City Councilman Glynn Hines is calling it quits. Here's the story:
http://wane.com/2018/03/17/longtime-city-councilman-glynn-hines-wont-seek-re-election/
I watched The Fort Report this Saturday where he mentioned his health was the main issue. Apparently, he's on the kidney transplant list and currently goes to dialysis 3 times a week. I don't wish this on ANYONE, and I even agree with Hines on some issues facing our part of town, so it looks like I'll be adding him to my prayer list.
My real concern is WHO will take his place, and will they even care about folks like us, because I don't feel that WE have had proper (read equal) representation since before Tim Pape was the council-capo of our district (when we used to be in the 5th rather than the 6th).
That won't make things better down here.
*** Next up, time to stop by "Kitten Corner"...
The kids were a mixed bag of activity over the weekend. They had lots of good moments (where they behaved themselves), as well as a couple bad moments (where they tore through the house like a runaway freight train down a mountain).
Still, the good outweighs the bad, and things settle down quickly enough, which means I can get some candid pictures.
They haven't quite adjusted to DST yet, so, it "seems" like they want food a hour EARLY.
This is another reason WHY  the whole DST shift is a bad idea...household pets and feeding schedules!
*** Next, let's check back in with "Midnight and Company"...
If I got ANY closer to the house, I'd be INSIDE.
Our furry twosome were a wee bit on the wandering side, as they came running from outside the patio a couple times. I will say neither one missed a single meal.
Gee, I wonder why that is?
Overall, they did stay close by the house for most of the weekend, and with warm weather coming, the chance of morons being out and about doesn't make me feel any better about how the cats will fare.
Hey, I'm sticking real close, too.
I sure don't want them becoming the target of anything or anyone. They don't bother a soul (except me when I go out to feed them...lol), and they're great to have around whenever we go outside.
*** Last back to the budding posies...let's try something different and watch the new Avengers: Infinity War trailer.
This is the first part of a "saga" that is supposed to conclude by next year. Looks pretty darn good, too. Enjoy.

I do find a couple things a bit bothersome, and that's the fact that in the MCU, nothing EVER stays the same for long...in some ways, it's like reality, which can be a real bitch at times.
Why we can't keep what we like (or prefer) is one of life's mysteries, I guess.
I'd prefer a quieter street, but no, can't have that.
I'd prefer better neighbors...can't have that either.
I'd like to (at least) have the neighborhood we had back in the late 90s, which wasn't near as craptastic as it has been allowed to become today.
In life, there are a million things you CAN have, and a million things you CANNOT (I think James T. Kirk once said that), and it's very true. Again, it's about needs versus wants, isn't it?
And we all have to make a choice as to WHAT to put first in each of our lives.
Now there's a message for everyone.
Be well, make a difference to someone, and...
Stay SAFE out there, America.

2 comments:

CWMartin said...

Rolling through all the #smh stuff, I got to your Uber story, which made me say, "Hope I'm not stepping on your toes, but did you see where a driverless car hit and killed an old lady today?"


A relative of Laurie's ( the kind of heavy-set girl that gets her self-esteem from the African American boys who think any white girl is a conquest) posted a meme about "being old school, and what happenes in the hood stays in the hood". And I commented, "And that explains all the unsolved murders in FTW and why it isn't safe", and she replied, "yeah ur right" . I KNOW why she isn't using her head for thinking, I just wonder why all her "friends" are just the same.


I salute your compassion on Hines, not even mentioning that you'd be glad to see him go under other circumstances. Have to squeeze him in as well.


My nephew had posted the trailer on FB. I can see Stark and Quill will really hit it off.

Bob G. said...

Chris:
---Actually I DID come across that story earlier today, and I said to myself: "See, Bob...it's happening ALREADY"...utterly amazing! From my blog to other people's lives! At least the person killed wasn't robbing a bank.
Technology my foot!
---I will never live long enough to figure some things out, my friend, and what you were mentioning in that conversation is just that - the "attitudes" some people have . It's like they create their own storms in their lives and then bitch whenever it rains.
---Regarding our councilman, Yeah, guess I'm getting "soft" in my old age...heh.
All things aside, it comes down to the PERSON, and not what they've done (or have not done), right?
---In that one scene, my money's on Quill...lol.
Plus, I'd put Rocket's "skills" against Tony's any day...for what it's worth.
I'll make book it will be REAL close to the all-time money-maker (sorry, Star Wars. You got some serious competition).
And this is a two-parter to boot!
(the DVD should be out by Christmas...)
I just want to get me some action figures.

Hey, thanks much for dropping by today and commenting.

Stay safe (and ready to assemble) up there, brother.