09 January 2019

Humpday Happenings...
So, am I the only one who's been having that song ("It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas") going through their heads this morning? Sure looks like we could have used this scenario around 15 days ago.
Our Hoosierland weather for today brings us lake-effect snow flurries (there is some sticking to lawns and streets, so be aware of that). Temps will top out around 29 degrees with cloudy skies and windy conditions.
The major highways up north are having problems, and some streets in FTW are a bit slick, so be mindful of road conditions.
Just take your time out there, because wherever you have to be is NOT going anyplace, and will still be there if it takes you a bit longer to arrive.
A little safety in such weather goes a LONG way...Always.
Now, let's get that cup of coffee, tea. or cocoa to warm us inside, as we see what's going on elsewhere...
*** First off of the snow scraper is our WHO SAID THAT? quote for the week:
"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." 
Although a short quote, I feel this speaks much more than it's brevity states.
Be nice if we had more folks following such wisdom.
So, who said that?
The answer at the top of tomorrow's post.
Meanwhile, back in the city of St. Louis...
*** Next, time for our "What the hell happens today, Bob?" feature:
JANUARY 9 -
---It's National Apricot Day
(pass the apricot nectar)
---It's National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
(I know I appreciate them all)
---It's National Static Electricity Day
(why, that's just shocking)
*** Next, from the "Watch me try and get some free food" department, comes this story:
https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/6-person-fight-breaks-out-at-fort-wayne-ihop-server-planning-to-sue/1692643729
This took place at the Fort Wayne IHOP, located at 4403 Coldwater Rd. just after midnight back on 14 December 2018.
Deazah Edwards said she was unexpectedly attacked.
A customer claimed that someone was breathing on their food?
Really? And you pick a brawl with your replacement server?
WTF is up with you animals, anyway?
This is becoming a "trend" of sorts with fights breaking out (recently) at IHOPs in Memphis, Fort Myers and Atlanta.
And here we used to think that was a GOOD place to go late at night for decent food.
Now, we get a "floor show"...how ghetto.
*** Next up, from the "It Only Took FIVE Months" Department, there's THIS:
https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/police-looking-for-person-of-interest-in-deadly-shooting/1690238929
Sorry, even I can't clean this lousy photo up, but we CAN ascertain that the man wanted for questioning by the po-po is black, and rather portly.
Having once installed such cameras in stores (for Circuit City),
I will say that if you care about your store or business, your employees and customers (as well as your inventory) you spend a little more to get the best surveillance camera you can, in case crap like this occurs in, or around the property.
(makes me wonder if these guys even cleaned the lens periodically)
*** Next, a very good Kevin Leininger column:
http://www.news-sentinel.com/news/local-news/2019/01/08/kevin-leininger-when-everybodys-a-victim-nobody-is-really-a-friend-as-womens-march-drama-proves/
I re-read portions of this article just because it was bang on-target.
Seems everywhere you turn these days, there crops up yet another for of "justice", and none of them really has a thing to do with the ACTUAL justice we should be pursuing.
*** Next up, time to stop on by out "Kitten Corner"...
"I iz all done rubbing on daddy."
The kids were wonderfully sedate yesterday, and hopefully, that will continue this week.
They don't seem to miss the Christmas tree, because they have more room to "frolic" around in the family room.
"Lay down, so I can get my neck rubbed."
In the evening, I get to have Gallifrey come in and block the TV when he wants to get some neck rubs. Violet prefers her rubbing in the morning (while I'm trying to put my blog post up...lol).
At least the middle of the day is all "mine"...sort of.
*** Next, let's do the daily check-in with "Midnight and Whiskers"...
"I think I need an after-meal nap."
Our furry twosome both missed lunch yesterday (they came later). She was most likely asleep in the shelter (and she DOES sleep, trust me), while he was on patrol.
Taking a 'welcome home' stretch.
Wifey had her "greeters" when she came home, too.
"And, I'm back to guarding the fortress."
We did get dinner and treats time in before it got dark, but when I looked out on the back step, neither cat was around.
Guess the dropping temps had something to do with that.
*** Last back to the garage...I will never live long enough to figure out WHY people act up in public.
wherefore art thou?
My parents impressed upon me that whenever you go OUT the door, you represent YOUR family (and therefore, your upbringing and yes, your parents).
Think of yourself as an AMBASSADOR of sorts along those lines.
The way some people act outside shows they must have been brought up in some war-torn 3rd world nation.
All they want to do is start a fight, and for the dumbest of excuses (because there is NO reason attached to such behavior).
Thing is, in today;s world, such a brawl; can escalate way out of control way too quickly, and sometime end in someone getting killed.
I don't know if this is some sort of asshole initiation deal (with gangs or cliques) or what, but it has NO place in a public venue such as a restaurant...or mall...oir anyplace where people go to enjoy life.
And that is ONE reason why I prefer those good old days; the kinder times when people KNEW how to conduct themselves and had a lot more integrity and common sense.
Love to see those times come back in vogue.
Be well, make a difference to someone, and...
Stay SAFE out there, America.

6 comments:

Susan Kane said...

WE have taken our gr-daughters to Ihop many times over the years. A brawl is unthinkable.

Nice to visit.

Bob G. said...

Susan:
---First of all, welcome. It's a pleasure to have you here.
---like yourself, I've also been to IHOP (in several states) more than a few times, and I've had nothing but very good service and very good food (breakfast, lunch, or dinner).
Seeing this in ANY place where people go to eat (and get away from all the crazy for a short spell) is just pathetic.
---Back around 2000, Wifey and I were at a nearby BK for lunch and a fight broke out as we ate. A black customer tried to start a fight with the manager over the way a Whopper was made (and the manager was willing to give the person what they wanted for free (they had changed their order once already).
When the black man reached over and grabbed the white female manager, the black cook came out from behind the counter and started to fight the customer, who fled and drove off hurriedly.
---I never forgot that and we're careful these days whenever we go someplace to have a bite.
Like I said, if I want a "floor show", I'll attend a theater performance...(heh).
(makes you wonder what this world has come to, doesn't it?)

Thanks much for taking time to stop by and comment today.
Happy New Year and stay safe out there.

CWMartin said...

Ah, I see you met Susan! Today, she was the only blog I hit so far today that I managed an intelligent comment (on me, subject matter disconnects and such) so hopefully she's a harbinger of a better comment here as well... but don't bet on it...


Christmas? Bah humbug! Stupid snow!

Quote: I would add that, save for Jesus, the word Strive should be added somewhere in there...


I can get behind two of the three days... leave the static out, though.


I saw that story on IHOP. IDK whether these people do this with the "intent" of going viral or what, but I sure hope they get a quick lesson on the word Justice... Karma would do fine as well. And to the idiot manager that just stood by. Are YOU not responsible for the employees under your care?

IDK but your fuzzy perp looks fuzzily like Larry The Cable Guy...


If the women's movement cannot see for itself how corrupted its self-appointed leaders are, I'm not wasting eyewear on 'em. March that!


Your close hit the mark early on- most of these idiots, even if they had them, had no respect for family, upbringing, or parents.


And just so you can chuckle, the Doc had me get labs done to see if I'm going to join the "low T" club. Frankly, it would explain a lot about my numbers all going haywire lately. I hope he finds something. Also testing for thyroid and anemia, but they don't have near the comic value...

Bob G. said...

Chris:
---You know me, I'm pretty easy to get to know, and I always welcome new faces here.
---Well, just be thankful the snow wasn't part of the "Great Intelligence".
(that would NOT bode well)
---Yeah, I can see "strive" being part of the equation easily enough.
---Winter has static electricity covered in our house....always has (ZAP!). ouch.
---Wifey and I both believe there was some sort of "set up" in mind, given what has been said. Hard to think otherwise when you see it more times than what could be called "coincidence".
---LOL...I seriously doubt that.
---Well said there!
---That's the major "tell" with such people.
(sadly, we're a couple generations into it)
---Leave it to you to find humor in doctors and lab tests.
(I prefer my "T" double sweet, and Oolong if available.)
Otherwise, I just actively try to avoid them...like hairdressers - once they get you in the door, you're THEIRS forever...HA!

Hey, thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Stay safe (and well-caffeinated) up there, brother.

CWMartin said...

All tests positive (AKA good numbers). Just fat and lazy. Time to go write Time Machine, but thought I'd let you know.

Bob G. said...

Chris:
---Always great to hear GOOD news.
Thanks for keeping us updated.
(I can work with the LAZY thing, however...and most every day...HA!)

Take care.