01 July 2019

Monday Musings...
Yes, friends, Summer has arrived with all the trappings, hot and humid as they are...
Sorry, I can't wait until the cool weather sets back in. I've had MY fill of the "hot" for the year.
Our Hoosierland weather for today brings us partly sunny (or cloudy...you choose) skies, temps once again climbing to the low 90s and that's all we need to know. Dress accordingly, and take it easy whenever you're outside.
Now, let's get a nice cool drink to begin our day, as we see what else has been going on...
*** First our of the oven  is our "What the hell happens today, Bob"?" feature:
JULY 1 -
National Postal Worker Day
(Working for a department that never seems to MAKE money...sad)
National U.S. Postage Stamp Day
(shame the price keeps going UP)
National Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day
(no kale, sweat socks,. or used motor oil flavors, thank you
National Gingersnap Day
(funny, these make me think of Christmas season)
*** Next, and because we are starting a new month, let's see what's going on over the next 31 days:
JULY IS:
National Baked Bean Month
(as long as you add some bourbon)
National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
(LOL...good luck with THIS one)
National Culinary Arts Month
(must be talking about my kitchen skills...lol)
National Grilling Month
(the "locals" will love this)
National Horseradish Month
(great with roast beef)
National Hot Dog Month
(only fair . We just had hamburger month)
National Ice Cream Month
(that can be ANY month for me)
Independent Retailer Month
God bless the mom and pop shops)
National July Belongs to Blueberries Month
(blueberry pancakes...yum)
National Picnic Month
(bring your own ants and yellow jackets)
Slim pickins' huh?
(and no relation to the wonderful character actor)
But, it IS a hot and humid month, so the less, the better, I suppose
*** Next up... As usual, we started another weekend off with a BANG!
https://www.wane.com/news/crime/man-hospitalized-after-being-shot-in-car/
This took place in the 900 blk. of Ventura Ln (off Decatur Rd) around 2230 hrs Friday night.
One of two males was shot while inside a car there. The wounded male was taken to hospital with non life- threatening injuries.
((Investigators believe the shooting was targeted and say the house the car was in front of is known to be a “problem house.” Police are not sure whether the shooter was on foot or in another vehicle.))
A "problem house"...seems we have too many of THOSE around, and what's being done to shut them down? Not all that much, it seems.
And we wonder WHY we have the shootings we do on the SE side. Another log for the fire.
*** Next, time to drop by our "Kitten Corner"...
"Daddy's got another ice cream bar!"
The kids had a good weekend, and that means they didn't have to deal with being outside in the heat and humidity.
I did find one of their toys - the green "glitter ball"...behind our STOVE (of all places).
That was something I wasn't expecting.
A good end to a good day.
They spent plenty of time napping, too. That works for me, considering they have more energy when awake than I think I ever had at my peak...lol
*** Next up, let's make our check-in with "Midnight and Whiskers"...
"I'm not going far in THIS heat, Bub.
Our furry twosome spent much of their weekend nearby the house, where the food, cool water and shade were abundant, and non life-threatening).
Midnight still patrols, but like I said last week, they're shorter in duration.
"I'm not playing peek-a-boo with you."
As for Whiskers? She finds places to hide that even I don't know about, but as long as they show up for eats, we're okay.
*** Next, I have to add this in here,  because our furry TWOSOME may well gave become a furry THREESOME.
"I can haz food, too?"
The "fluffy cat" seems to have become a regular, and yesterday, I gave it it's own plate of food (well-received).
And then the weirdest thing happened...it came over and rubbed against me, allowing me to rub it's neck! Didn't see that coming, honestly. I thought it would be shy for a while longer, but apparently not.
Thank you for feeding me.
It even rubbed against Wifey's legs, and let me take close up pics. It's not a community cat, either.
Well, another feline has a haven (here) from the chaos, it would seem.
*** Last back to the restaurant...Wifey and I FINALLY had our (belated) anniversary sojourn up to Red Lobster Saturday (also celebrating her birthday).
We started out with me dropping her off at Glenbrook to get her nails done, while I headed out to 2 Walmarts in search of that elusive "exclusive" Captain America figure.
First stop - Coldwater Rd...NOTHING.
Second stop - Dupont Rd...NOTHING (as well). But THIS store did have the Quantum Suit Cap figure (3 actually).
But I did manage to tucker myself the hell our walking from car to store, through store and back to car again...(whew!).
I got back to Glenbrook 15 minutes before Wifey was done (told her it wouldn't take me long). Considering I have never driven to either W/M, I think I did okay w/o GPS...heh.
We then went to RL for lunch. Wifey drove!
After we arrived there, she got her usual...LOBSTER, while I opted for the "make your own lunch" gig - broiled bay scallops and Shrimp Scampi.
We also got desserts (chocolate wave for the missus and strawberry cheesecake for me)...which we got "to go"..
Wifey drove home and I was totally tapped out.
It wasn't a total loss though...I did get the Captain Marvel DVD (and for under $8 bucks on eBay) in the post.
All in all, it wasn't a bad day...just hot, humid and tiring as all get out (for me).
Aging is SO overrated...trust me on this.
Be well, make a difference to someone, and...
Stay SAFE out there, America.

4 comments:

CWMartin said...

See, this way you hear from me three times in one day! Innit special?


Postal worker AND postage stamp day? Leave it to the government to cheap out for a two for one...


July seems to be a culinary month...

Problem house: Your thoughts match mine. Why wait till someone gets killed?


I remember a rubber ball of Scrappy's making a near impossible left turn and ending up behind our frig... anything can happen with balls.

Congrats for another 'child of the wild!'


I have no need to trust you on aging... I have the aches and forgetfulness to spare.


Bob G. said...

Chris:
THREE times? Only saw 2 comments (so far). Please don't make me check your math...lol.
Yep...another federal agency that never seems to make a profit (like AMTRAK).
That can work for me. Cooking's not so bad (we don't boil everything...HA!)
I know...this city is so VERY good at being ANTI-PROACTIVE...who knew?
(we did)
AT least it didn't fall into that migrating "black hole" we have in the house...never find stuff when that happens, until it turns up someplace completely removed from where it was.
(gotta love astrophysics)
"Child of the Wild"...LOL.
Good thing I am a laser pointer-toting experienced "cat-herder"...heh.
The "up" side is forgetting what you needed to forget. That works for me.

Hey, thanks much for stopping by and commenting.

Stay safe (and keep cool) up there, brother.

CWMartin said...

No my math is fine... you didn't count MY post, lol!

Bob G. said...

Chris:
Well that's a relief..checking MY math is tedious enough...LOL.
(we won't even get into Wifey's)