15 August 2018

Humpday Happenings...
It's the middle of the week, and you all know what that means  (more rain?).
Well, you're on the right track, so keep that umbrella handy.
What starts out as a dry day gets a bit damp later on. Make that quite damp, actually.
Our Hoosierland weather for today brings us mostly cloudy skies, temps rising to around 82 degrees, and yes, showers and thunderstorms come back to soak us this afternoon into this evening. Be great to have a few dry days in a row for a change.
In any event, let's not allow any of this to stop us from getting that refreshing drink to start the day, as we see what else has been going on.
*** First off of the rain barrel is our WHO SAID THAT? quote for the week:
"Everyone knows what it's like to make the wrong decision for the right reasons. For me, wrong decisions are the heart of drama - a character who's always making the right decisions is boring."
I think we've all felt this way at one time or another, and yes, we often second guess ourselves in the hope that we make the "right" decisions in life. We also find out about how wrong decisions can be that learning experience we may have been looking for (or needed).
So, who said that? The answer at the top of tomorrow's post.
Meanwhile, back in Hueytown, Alabama...
*** Next, time for our "What the hell happens today. Bob?" feature:
AUGUST 15 -
---It's National Leathercraft Day
(and a fine craft it is)
---It's National Lemon Meringue Pie Day
(sounds like breakfast to me, if I had one)
---It's National Relaxation Day
(think I might indulge myself with this one)
*** Next up, the Slocum Neighborhood gets a "concession". Here's the story:
http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/20180815/parkview-gives-slocum-critics-concession
((Officials said they are now limiting eligibility for the project's 43 units to ages 55 and over and people with disabilities.
Eighty percent of the one- and two-bedroom units will go to older people, while 20 percent will be earmarked for the disabled of any age, officials announced at a meeting with about 30 selected neighbors at Parkview Hospital Randallia.))
Sounds like a win for them so far...
((Neighbors, however, did not get everything they wanted. A second, two-story building with affordable-housing units will still be built.
Neighbors had objected to that building, contending the density of residents would put a strain on the neighborhood, which has narrow streets and limited parking.))
Ahh, there's the sound of that OTHER SHOE dropping.
There is also talk of designating parking spaces for residents in a nearby PARK, and limiting the number of spaces available to future low-income residents.
Yeah, because that ALWAYS works...NOT. Doesn't work one damn bit in OUR neighborhood.
This has all the makings of a serious clusterf*ck, and if the Slocum neighbors don't watch this like a hawk, they will get burned.
*** Next, another dumbass gets collared by law-enforcement in the Summit City.
Here's that story:
http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/police-fire/20180815/arrest-made-after-chase-troopers-vehicle-struck
Now, I wonder why this boy didn't want to get caught, and took to ramming a state trooper vehicle along the way?
Effin' LOSER!
This moron had NO (functioning) plate light, and a Statey pulled him over on (where else?) the SE side. I didn't think LEOs still pulled people over here for that (50% of drivers I see at night have NO plate light at all. They also have blown out headlights and tail lights). No citations there.
Anyway, that caused a pursuit through the SE side that finally ended with Timothy Rhodes, 27 of Fort Wayne getting busted on multiple charges (how about attempted murder with a vehicle?).
Unfortunately (for society), Rhodes was released on $15K bond...oh, and he NEVER has had a driver's license.
(but he was behind the wheel of a car...this is beyond ridiculous and par for the course down here)
*** Next up, time to see "What on God's green earth has Bob bought on eBay now?"
Well, I snagged a couple flicks I've been wanting.
I got the Ant Man and Black Panther DVDs, both still shrink-wrapped (brand new) and got them both for LESS than the price of admission (for two) at any local movie theater.
To me, that's always a win.
And with another birthday looming, my only "request" was for the Avengers - Infinity War DVD.
That was released yesterday, in fact.
Now, all I need is a decent television to watch them all on (or find someone who can fix the one I've got).
The hard part with that is finding a set that has an RF input to it (for the damn cable box). I'm not doing any streaming crap. Just give me basic everything, and I'm happy (for now).
*** Next, time to drop by our "Kitten Corner"...
The kids were extremely well-behaved yesterday...I thought something was wrong...LOL.
Both of them napped a good part of the day, and still found time to show plenty of affection when awake.
You never get bored with any of that, especially when they want to come to you.
*** Next up, let's take a minute to check in with "Midnight and Company"...
Our furry twosome spent part of the day near the house.
Midnight went back to his "patrols", and missed his lunch (but came by  for dinner).
Whiskers was under a hosta, catching some shade for the afternoon.
Both were here for dinner and treats-time...and how they do look forward to that (as do I).
*** Last back to the garden...today I contact Animal Care and Control and notify them of our decision as to whether or not to "take in" Boots.
And it's been one very hard decision (for Wifey and myself).
We have chosen to not take the cat in, mainly due to the fact that he could get out of the garage, or that our other two cats outside might not want to "share". And since the cat is still not gaining much weight, I'd really hate to have him die while under our care.
I don't want to go through that again for a long while.
To me, it's a terrible shame what has to happen, and I know there will be regrets that come back to haunt me, but I can't provide the kind of environment I would want for him (and that he needs)...THAT much is on me, and I accept that.
If we didn't have the other two, it would be no problem.  And I also know that a slim chance is better than no chance at all, when it comes to survival. Again, I have to live with this decision.
My only hope, is that Boots will be there on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge, with all the other of God's creatures I have befriended in my life.
Like the old song goes: "Some days are diamonds...some days are stone."
Doesn't look like a diamond sort of day right now.
Be well, make a difference to someone, and...
Stay SAFE out there, America.

2 comments:

CWMartin said...

I didn't realize I didn't get over here last night until I saw the answer to a quote I never saw! I went to bed early, as I have been on 10 hrs this week.

Never cared for meringue. You can have mine...

Relaxation... yeah, like that happened...

So, let's put potential criminals within easy reach of the elderly and disabled. I can see that working...


I wonder whose stolen merchandise loser's family had to pawn to get loser's bail money?


Boy it wasn't a diamond day... and neither was today! Tell ya about it later. I got to get back to today's post right now...

Bob G. said...

Chris:
---With a reason like that (aside from those 10 hr days), have you ever thought of going into politics? LOL
(j/k)
---Thanks, I will have yours (just never mix it with beer...nasty)
---There is mental relaxation as well as physical. They didn't mention WHICH one, did they?
( personally prefer BOTH...in abundance)
---Yep, I can see that happening, too. Don't think Slocum wants any of that.
---Yeah, I often wonder about that (extra drug dealing cash, no doubt).
---Those "stone" days can often wind up seeming like BOULDERS, after we get done trying to deal with 'em.

Thanks for swinging by to comment.

Stay safe (and rested) up there, brother.