21 October 2018

Sunday Special "Tribute" Edition...
As with all things, there is a beginning...and an end.
You look like really friendly people.
It was on this day, two years ago, that I stopped seeing one of my feline buddies - Hobo.
A nice place to catch a nap.
He had been coming regularly for 8 whole months ever since the day I first heard a meow somewhere in our back yard.
I looked up and there on our garage roof was this grey and white cat.
I'll just curl up right here.
I managed to coax him down, and from then on, he became a regular fixture at the "Fortress"...until he just up and disappeared eight months later.
Never at a loss for comfy places.
Where he went, I have no idea, but I hope and pray that someone took him in and that he is leading a good life.
But, if fate had other plans (and it sometimes does), I hope to see him at the Rainbow Bridge when the time comes.
Last picture taken of Hobo
So, here's to a loving cat that left our care much too soon...and for all the joy we shared in those 8 short months.
Forever in our hearts.
We'll never forget you, buddy.

4 comments:

CWMartin said...

“If there is a heaven, it’s certain our animals are to be there. Their lives become so interwoven with our own, it would take more than an archangel to detangle them.” – Pam Brown, Australian author and poet

Bob G. said...

Chris:
---That's a beautiful sentiment.
(hard to argue with such thoughts and words)

Thanks much for sharing.

Momma Fargo said...

Oh, I am sorry you are missing your Hobo. I hope he became someone's indoor friend. He was probably instantly loved by some kid and now is inside enjoying the high life of multiple snuggles.

You gave a darn good tribute, brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for being a sanctuary to your neighborhood felines. You are a good egg, Bob.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
---There are times when words come easily, and I suppose that's because of how deeply we feel about things in life.
I'm no writer (like yourself) nor do I play one on TV...lol.
I just speak from the heart, which is often a treasure trove of emotion.

Thank you for the kind words and for taking time to roll up and comment.

Stay safe down there, dear.
(good egg, huh? I must be the "over-easy" kind...heh)